New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Dude diba normal lang ang behavior nyan? AFAIK what you're describing (high rev on cold start, etc) happens on all servo-equipped cars. When your compressor kicks in the servo detects the added load and adjusts the engine's idling accordingly.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by SeminaristaKuno
    Dude diba normal lang ang behavior nyan? AFAIK what you're describing (high rev on cold start, etc) happens on all servo-equipped cars. When your compressor kicks in the servo detects the added load and adjusts the engine's idling accordingly.
    yeah, i think so. but is there a way i could adjust the idling speed while thea/c is on? kasi medyo natataasan ako sa 1000-1200rpm. i wanted sana 800-900 with the a/c and headlights turned on. kasi with my previous carb type engines, i get to manipulate th idling speed both with a/c on and off (mataas lang ng konti with added load)... is it possible with efi engines?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I don't know if it's possible. Baka kasi hard-coded sa ECU ang rev and load values. Those who have Nissans should be able to help you. Sa Lancer ko kasi isang screw lang sa taas ng throttle body ang adjustment. When my mechanic adjusted my idling the aircon and all other accessories were off. You don't have to touch the throttle cable adjustment anymore.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    what do you mean by "i don't have to touch the throttle cable adjustment" yung "nut that adjusts the throttle cable? uhm... i don't usually touch that, what i can't seem to find is the throttle screw & a/c actuator screw (if there's any with efi' engines).

thanks btw.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Dont have pics but you can't really see the screw per se. It's just a screw head sunk into a hole on top of the throttle body. HTH.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Lancer GLXi ..idling problem