New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    "old school" diesel engines (non-CRDi) are no-brainer when it comes to maintenance, especially to those who are diesel experts and mechanically-inclined people.

however, when it comes to CRDi engines, it's better to have them serviced at the casas due to their high tech nature (ECU computer box, high-pressure injection system, electronics systems, etc.). the casas have the necessary tools and diagnostic computers to evaluate problems.

even my brother-in-law, who has been a diesel mechanic all his life, says that he cannot troubleshoot CRDi engines.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    [QUOTE=ersatz0906;776199]Diesel Guru's tatanong lng poh....I owned Isuzu Pick up 96, for 11 years araw araw ginagamit, havnt given me a real headache hope it will continue to serve me well....
    So Im planning to do something in return for her service
    she already ran 180,000km
    All I do is change her oil and filter every 5k....havnt open the engine...
    ano poh dapat ko gawin sa engine? as a preventive maintenance?
    ok pa din sa emission test, passing grade
    how about fuel filter?
    etc etc pls give me advice what to check, replace or something.
    thanks

Congratulations for a job well done! If the engine is doing fine leave it that way. A diesel engine only needs change oil, filter changes (air,oil,fuel) and a real good engine wash so you can see leaks if ever. Valve adjustment and check on the glow plug is the only 2 things i can recommend if you have not done it yet.

JRL

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    just wondering... anyone here admits who changes oil/air/fuel filter atleast a year or 10,000km. or even later in their diesel engines?

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    I just had my 94 L200 calibrated at Central Diesel Clinic last week. I was planning to have it done sa Denso, kaso when i went to Banawe parang wala na ata sila doon. Anyway, i spent 14.5k for the whole calibration, change of tips, governor etc.. Last monday I had it emission tested and it averaged 1.60 (sa averaging ang first na nakuha is 2.99 and then the succeeding values are 1.22), konti na lang 2.5 na. i was browsing the forums and ive been seeing tsikoteers having emissions as low as .10, (or under 1.0 na value). Do you guys think that I need to have it adjusted further? Or normal na yung value na nakuha ko sa emission for a 13 yr old vehicle?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    [quote=4JGtootsie;778488]
    Quote Originally Posted by ersatz0906 View Post
    Diesel Guru's tatanong lng poh....I owned Isuzu Pick up 96, for 11 years araw araw ginagamit, havnt given me a real headache hope it will continue to serve me well....
    So Im planning to do something in return for her service
    she already ran 180,000km
    All I do is change her oil and filter every 5k....havnt open the engine...
    ano poh dapat ko gawin sa engine? as a preventive maintenance?
    ok pa din sa emission test, passing grade
    how about fuel filter?
    etc etc pls give me advice what to check, replace or something.
    thanks

Congratulations for a job well done! If the engine is doing fine leave it that way. A diesel engine only needs change oil, filter changes (air,oil,fuel) and a real good engine wash so you can see leaks if ever. Valve adjustment and check on the glow plug is the only 2 things i can recommend if you have not done it yet.

JRL
    thank you sir...I will do that next week Valve adjustment and check glow plugs also change fuel and air filter

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    problema sa diesel ay hindi yung sasakyan kung hindi yung quality ng diesel fuel sa atin. kaya in time talaga diesel engines in our country nagiging smoke belcher. and you are gonna spend big bucks para maayos ito. We have had quite a few diesel vehicles na and kahit sobrang alaga ka sa maintenance it tends to smoke belch pa din usually pag high mileage na. di lang ako sure sa mga bagong diesel engine (direct injection) baka nag improve na.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    i have had 4 diesels and 2 petrols.

Mas maselan ang diesel sa oil, fuel and water.

oil - you have to change oil and filters every 3K-5K to make sure bearings are well lubricated to handle the compression and engine stress from high torque - compression driven ang diesel hindi spark driven. Otherwise, pag nagasgas ung laman ng makina overhaul ka or kung di grabe damage, puro usok at wala hatak.

Fuel - there is no automobile grade diesel in the Phil. Industrial grade lang kaya mejo madumi ang diesel dito at very low cetane ratings. Ang diesel abroad kulay tubig at pag sinunog mo walang usok. Dapat pag 1/4 - 1/2 na ang fuel tank mo, pa karga ka na para hindi pasukin ng tubig at latak ung injection pump. Otherwise calibrate ka pag nasira injection pump. Some benz owners add kerosene to the diesel to clean the lines. Wag ka rin magpapakarga ng diesel sa mga station na binabaha - may tubig na tanke nun o dun sa mga luma station na kalawang na ung mga tanke - sayang injection pump mo.

water - like any car, but more so for diesels, dapat never ka mag overheat. Make sure you always have water in the radiator or put an aux fan kahit kaya pa. Maselan ang diesel sa tubig. Umiinit yan sa akyatan or hatakan. Mas maganda performance ng malamig na diesel. King di ka maingat baka di mo mapansin na nagooverheat ka na - laban kasi parati diesel kahit mainit na mainit na di kaya ng gas na namamatayan.

Calibration - contrary to popular belief na dapat mag calibrate lang ng diesel pag nasira ung injection pump, dapat actually magpa calibrate every 3 - 5 years depende sa galing ng nagcalibrate. Un na ung tune-up ng diesel para humataw, humatak at di umusok.

Nozzle tips - have to be cleaned at least twice a year sa calibrator for good engine performance. Mga P300 or so lang naman un

Marami diesel owners na di marunong mag maintain ng diesel kaya sumasakit ulo nila at nabubutas bulsa nila. Dont expect your wife to take care of a diesel if she is not into cars - masisira lang un - best pa rin gas for the chics. Ang gas engines kahit 1 year ka di magpalit ng oil and filters mejo ok pa rin.

Despite all of that, diesel pa rin ako. Mas gusto ko ung performance at tunog pag lumalaban sa bundok. Mabilis din naman sa highway pag rekta. Super tipid pa. Madali lang naman alagaan kung alam mo ung dapat gawin.

Good luck sa choice mo bro.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Laging sinasabi na "hard and expensive" to maintain a diesel engine, bakit po?