New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Kerosene is added to diesel to prevent it from gelling, but it has been warned that kerosene use in the engine can cause it to degrade the seals and since it's not as much of a lubricant as regular diesel fuel is. Therefore it is not recommended to use in its full concentration. In fact it was only recommended for use with around 5% mix with diesel - but this is for fuel use. If you use it in the crankcase you might risk damaging the seals like the crankshaft seals, which are difficult to replace.

*Bry is this for your taxi fleet? If it is I suggest you avoid doing these things and just undergo routine maintenance such as tune ups, oil changes, fluid changes and their corresponding filter changes or cleaning, to maintain the cars in their optimum shape. Otherwise since it's not the best known method of maintenance just avoid it for peace of mind.

The decision is up to you and you know the risks now. If it works, well then good but if not then that's your call. When in doubt, don't na lang. Just my opinion. Good luck.

Yup I already told my mechanic to not use kerosene any more or any other flushing oils. Just regular routine maintenance from now onwards. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    kerosene is ok as it is use by mechanics to clean engine parts, removes residue and even washes dirty hands, downside is pag may natira sa loob that's when the problem comes in cgurado halo yan sa new oil mo and 100% sira viscosity ng oil so the oil will not function as i has to be LuBRIcate.

better use quality engine flushes.

info: STP engine flush is kerosene

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    whoa! talaga, may kerosene ang STP? so, what should we look out for when wanting to use engine flush chemicals?

bos speedy fix, schedule ako sa july ng RP

Quote Originally Posted by mikbik View Post
    kerosene is ok as it is use by mechanics to clean engine parts, removes residue and even washes dirty hands, downside is pag may natira sa loob that's when the problem comes in cgurado halo yan sa new oil mo and 100% sira viscosity ng oil so the oil will not function as i has to be LuBRIcate.

better use quality engine flushes.

info: STP engine flush is kerosene

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    In my opinion, as long as you change oil according to PMS or shorter (4000klm) everything will be ok. If you think your oil sump is full of debris and contaminants, pulling down the oil pan is the best solution.

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    oil based engine flush. meaning oil din sya w/ detergents to removes slugde. try opening a can of STP amoy at kulay plang kerosene na kerosene na.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    actually, no need para sa engine flush. just drain the oil overnight while the vehicle's tilted.

or if you have the means, used compressed air to flush out the used oil in your engine.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    actually pwede naman. pero it has to be a super diluted concentration mixed with engine oil. no way should you use it na puro...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    bos speedyfix, just n case, pwede nyo din buksan ang oil pan and tanggalin ang sludge pag nag oil change dyan?

never pa kasi na buksan ang oil pan pero regular ang oil change.

Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix View Post
    actually pwede naman. pero it has to be a super diluted concentration mixed with engine oil. no way should you use it na puro...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    yup we can pero it will be charged differently and is not included in the promo price.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    yup, i assumed it would be a separate charge.

thanks1

Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix View Post
    yup we can pero it will be charged differently and is not included in the promo price.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Kerosene as engine oil flush?