New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I just had the MAF Sensor of my xtrail replaced and throttle body cleaned due to loss of power at high revs. My xtrail cant go beyond 60 kph even if i floor it. verdict of casa: my K&N Drop in filter. had it installed for the past 7 years and the MAF and throttle body has to be cleaned 2x already and this time, the MAF sensor has to be replaced to the tune of 5K+. now my xtrail is back to OEM air filter and i didnt feel any loss of power. my advice, stick with OEM airfilter.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jamaring View Post
    sir XTO how much po ba k & n filter for monty 2010 GLS including cleaning kit.
    Oo nga, meron ka pa ba nito sir XTO?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yourman_2nd View Post
    I just had the MAF Sensor of my xtrail replaced and throttle body cleaned due to loss of power at high revs. My xtrail cant go beyond 60 kph even if i floor it. verdict of casa: my K&N Drop in filter. had it installed for the past 7 years and the MAF and throttle body has to be cleaned 2x already and this time, the MAF sensor has to be replaced to the tune of 5K+. now my xtrail is back to OEM air filter and i didnt feel any loss of power. my advice, stick with OEM airfilter.
    IMO, even on the stock filter it would still be the same problem most likely as the years go by and mileage goes up. If the Xtrail engine is as finicky as the QG on the N16 Sentra (2001-up), the MAF sensor would need cleaning every so often to keep its air flow readings consistent and to have power at the high rpm range, even if you're using a stock air cleaner. Cleaning the MAF is a pretty straightforward item as long as you have the proper hex wrench/screwdriver and some electric contact cleaner.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by duskylim View Post
    Dear Sirs:

It just so happens that my Mazda B2500 has a branch off the main filter to a sort of resonance chamber.

I dismantled it out of curiosity and found that it had no opening to the outside.

I decided to install an auxiliary air filter from a smaller car onto the branch rather than return the original resonance box.

After doing so, I found that not only did my WL-31 diesel smoke less, but it gave me better fuel economy and slightly better response in the low and mid-range.

I spent a total of Php 1000 extra to attach the filter, including parts to attach it to the branch in the air inlet hose.

The extra air filter also extends the period between the times I have to clean the original main air filter - together it takes longer for any one filter to get dirty.

I thoroughly recommend this to anyone BEFORE they try the K&N route.

Best Regards,

Dusky Lim
    pede po ba ito sa kia pregio..meron din kase resonance chamber sa pregio ko :-)

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by gtamp View Post
    pede po ba ito sa kia pregio..meron din kase resonance chamber sa pregio ko :-)
    As long as there is no sensor between the main filter and the resonance chamber, no problem. ;)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Been hearing quite often that using K&N drop-in air filter will eventually foul-up the MAF then the turbo later. But K&N disproved this thru there studies, they even have a video on their site about this. But confused really as been in Berrima the other day and they ask me to have the OEM air filter back. K&N is not suited for CRDI, so they say. Something to consider? TIA.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Panel or cone? Cones typically don't do anything for CRDIs due to the MAP sensor.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Panel or cone? Cones typically don't do anything for CRDIs due to the MAP sensor.
    Panel drop-in. Contemplating now to have the OEM air filter if this is true. Way expensive ang MAF and turbo. Is that something true sir niky?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    If you have a diesel don't expect your MAF to last past 75000klm without a oil catch can, Your crank case breather is dumping way more junk on your MAF than a K&N ever will. Your actually supposed to clean your MAF at the same interval as your normal air filter changes are supposed to be.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Heck, that's similar to what we see with local gasoline engines with MAF sensors, too. Tuning goes way out of whack and fuel economy goes down the drain after just 60-80k kms unless you clean the MAF.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
K&N drop-in air filter, WORTH IT?