New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Hi! would it be advisable to install a japanese engine (transverse mount of course) in a '64 mini-cooper? If so, what type of engine would you advise I use? I'm not really concerned about restoring the entire car. Just the interrior and the body will do. I just love the way it looks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup pero kelangan magaling yung mechanic mo to mix and match parts at since maliit yung cooper baka mga 1.3 engines lang mailalagay mo.

i've seen an 1970 opel hatchback sinalpakan ng 2.5 Diesel Engine!!! Bangis!!!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    not a jap engine...try daihatsu (korean?) or kia pride CD5 engine....baka magfit sa engine bay.

else you would need the orig trany of the mini and use an suzuki mini cab engine (hindi transverse mount and minicab).

other options, if you have friend working in Singapore, magpahanap ka sa kanya ng surplus engine ng minicooper, gawa nga lang ng Rover yun mga minicooper dun (as late as 96 merun).

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    ok that's confusing. So i can use a Jap engine only if I have major changes in installation. Else I use Korean engines or suzuki. E kung toyota 4efte 1.3L 130 horsepower 16 valve dohc turbo charged engine? can you guys recomend a mechanic na kaya gumawa nito?

Galing kasi kung super small fast car. Thanx!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    4AG series kaya pwede? sa mga starlet kasi pwede un...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Check mo www.europeancarweb.com. Ang nilagay nila dun sa mini cooper e B16 engine.

By the way, how much did you bought the car? I'm also considering buying one.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    2e turbo :D

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    My friend is selling it for 86k. I still haven't decided if I should get it kasi wala pa aircon and engine. But the rest of the car has just been restored. Now, if only I can find a decent engine...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Mukhang okay na yung price because most of the restored mini coopers that I saw on the ads are within 300k price range. Check the mini cooper club thread maybe someone can help you with your search for the perfect engine for your car.

Jap engine in Cooper