New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mystarex View Post
    Hi Niki! you can try that yourself but with this device it does not do anything with regards to fuel flow pressure (to be specific). If you take a look on google images with a keyword "itube gas saver", you will see that it is just a plain tube with a barb on both ends for the hose fittings. It has nothing inside - just a plain tube.
    Any time you splice anything into the line, you alter the fuel flow and thus, the pressure of the fuel that reaches the carburetor or injectors.

It's simple enough to test. Find a barb connection of the same size and splice that into your line. If the results feel similar, then it is indeed throttling fuel flow. This is similar to how the Khaos can sometimes (with luck) actually increase economy on old school cars... in the case of the Khaos, by letting extra air in and making the engine run leaner. But modern cars will adjust to any such changes over time.

-

On the dyno, I would bring this, a "placebo" device that has the same interior dimensions and connectors, and a set of O-Rings or clamps to crimp the line.

Budget about P5k for an hour's worth of dyno testing. That should be enough time to do several tests.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Any time you splice anything into the line, you alter the fuel flow and thus, the pressure of the fuel that reaches the carburetor or injectors.

It's simple enough to test. Find a barb connection of the same size and splice that into your line. If the results feel similar, then it is indeed throttling fuel flow. This is similar to how the Khaos can sometimes (with luck) actually increase economy on old school cars... in the case of the Khaos, by letting extra air in and making the engine run leaner. But modern cars will adjust to any such changes over time.

-

On the dyno, I would bring this, a "placebo" device that has the same interior dimensions and connectors, and a set of O-Rings or clamps to crimp the line.

Budget about P5k for an hour's worth of dyno testing. That should be enough time to do several tests.
    What if I say that when the device is inserted between the fuel filter and the injection pump, supposedly it should restrict flow because of the barbs which decrease the diameter of the fuel line...BUT even then, the resulting effect is good performance and increase in power?

Thanks for letting me remember about the khaos device but I don't get it...air flow is different than fuel flow. The dyno should tell if it's placebo or not as what you call it, but unless it's proven, words won't matter for now. Anyway, I respect your comments...again, I just need to know about the availability of this dyno testing.

So the dyno costs P5k per hour? Where is this, please?

tnx and peace!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Khaos sometimes works because it alters the flow of air into the engine. I stress "sometimes", because most of the time, it causes poor power... and sometimes it causes blown MAF sensors (the Ford Club is rife with horror stories).

-

The barbs themselves don't cause a decrease in diameter, necessarily. What happens is you have a place where the tube diameter is not continuous or smooth... it suddenly widens to accomodate the device, then the flow is restricted again at the device. This may cause some effect, but none of these devices have ever shown actual gains in testing.

-

Dyno-testing at Speedlab (just off Banawe... near the north end of the Avenue, on the street opposite that BMW place) cost 5k last I had it done. You'll want to do it on an OBDII-equipped car and with a wideband O2 sensor attached to get proper data.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Don't you think that if there ever there is an effective gas saving device out there, the car manufacturers would have known about it already?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    Don't you think that if there ever there is an effective gas saving device out there, the car manufacturers would have known about it already?
    Well, there are several proven techniques that are not used because of one reason or another.

Alcohol/water injection, for one. Manufacturers don't use this because if you program your engine to run well with alcohol injection (making more power and using less gas in the proess), you run the chance of engine damage if the owner forgets to refill the water tank.

Then there's ultra-lean burn. Which they can't use anymore because of strict emissions testing.

And of course, aerodynamics and ultra-light weight. Which they can't do because well-off buyers are picky. Just look at the Mirage... ultra-low drag coefficient, super low weight (for a five star car!) and most Western journalists slag it for being too tinny and cheap. Well... duh... it's built to be light and cheap!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Itube Harmonics Philippines(Gas Saver)