New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2012
    Guys what is the benefits of replacing my OEM spark plugs with Iridium or platinum spark plugs? Is it worth the price? I replace those SP every 10k kilometers and I don't feel any changes every time I replace them.parehas lang ng nagamit at yung bago. BTW this is for my APV,G16A na matanda pa sa lolo ko ahahahahahaha.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jyg1995 View Post
    Guys what is the benefits of replacing my OEM spark plugs with Iridium or platinum spark plugs? Is it worth the price? I replace those SP every 10k kilometers and I don't feel any changes every time I replace them.parehas lang ng nagamit at yung bago. BTW this is for my APV,G16A na matanda pa sa lolo ko ahahahahahaha.
    Jyg, iridium spark plugs can last up to 40k to 50k Kms.
    Last edited by Monty; November 5th, 2014 at 09:52 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    not worth it! stick to oem spec SP and base on my personal experience they dont last that long, sa civic ko isa pa sa cause ng erratic idling.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Who recommended changing the spark plugs every 10000kms?

5. Join Date
    May 2012
    Servicing casa ko po sir and it is indicated sa user manual, beneficial po ba na mag shift dun sa Iridium and Platinum? If yes which is better Iridium or Platinum?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Sa rav4 gen 2 (yr 2004) ko every 100k daw ang palit sa irridium, siguro sa Jan 2015 magpapalit na ako, 9 yrs is not bad kahit na mahal sha vs ordinary SP.

Sent via LaTE Network

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Servicing casa ko po sir and it is indicated sa user manual, beneficial po ba na mag shift dun sa Iridium and Platinum? If yes which is better Iridium or Platinum?
    Ask your service advisor regarding change interval for Iridiums. If it is every 60k then its way cheaper. And fc is abit better with iridiums. Tested this with a 2.7 fortuner.

8. Join Date
    May 2012
    Thanks manilablock and stockengine.

9. Join Date
    May 2012
    Another question sir,which brand is better NGK Iridium or Denso Iridium?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I prefer Denso. They have an office in Banawe. They have a complete catalogue for all vehicles. They are professional(they answered all my questions and showed and gave me the corroded copper plugs lol) and offer free installation. I tried looking for NGK Fortuner-specific spark plugs. It was difficult to find.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Iridium or Platinum Spark Plugs VS OEM?