New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    depends on the situation. pag ako naiiwan sa sasakyan then idling kasi naka on ang A/C. pag misis at mga anak ko naiiwan sa sasakyan then the same. pag kamag-anak yung hindi immediate ha or friends, turn-off engine hehehehehe. di naman kasi sila marunong magbigay ng pang-gas

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Sa traffic hindi mo naman alam kung mag-go na and kung naka A/C ka tapos shut off engine iinit ulit, masmaganda not to shut off engine.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    > amount of fuel used to start = 2 mins idling, do the math

is this true also for hot restarts (the opposite of cold start)... let's say you know you'd be taking a long stop (more than 2 mins), but you'd be running again in such a time the engine temp hasn't really cooled down (still within optimum operating temp) ?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    during traffic no, kawawa starter. waiting is a case to case basis. if i know that it will take some time and it's safe or not hot outside (say 5 or more mins) i'd rather turn it off and wait outside.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    my 400cc/.4L bike consume 10ml/minute idle *1200rpm, now imagine 1.6L engine how it gurggle fuel at rest + w/ aircon ..>>

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Idling vs Turning Off the Engine [Merged]