New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Shalom!

My problem is every time I start my tsikot (Space wagon with carb engine), it idles at 400rpm then it goes up to 800rpm when the engine is already hot. And when I turn on my a/c it idles back to 400rpm (engine vibrates horribly, gas pedal seems to be hard). But when the A/c compressor goes off, it idles normally at 800rpm. What seems to be the problem? Recommended shops near pasig/ortigas area please. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    sir, try to have your carb cleaned out. madumi lang yang carb mo.throttle body i presume. it happened to me sa civic lxi, and thought nasira yung ecu.

all the same symptoms:

matigas yung accelerator pedal, intermittent yung idling.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Idle up...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    ian_rex & theveed;

already tried cleaning the carb and putting the idle to 1000rpm but same problem.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    I think this is related to the idling/servo motor in your AC compressor. Don't know the exact parts description but I have the same problem with my '99 Mitsu Galant - shark model(4G63. carb. type) when I turn on my AC, the idling goes so low and jerking. Eventually the engine dies (unless I step hard on the gas to pump up the revs) and have to restart again. I think this is a common problem for all Mitsu cars.
    'Hope some techies here can share more infos on how to solve this recurring problem?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    helo! check mo yung vacuum diapragm valve mo and un line.usually rubber ang linyada.kung minsan kasi may leak at kung intact un line without leakage mostly diapragm valve ang diperencya or stucked up.
    Normally pag switch on mo ng aircond,mmaintain ng diapragm valve mo by vacuum un RPM ng engine thru a linkage sa acelerator mechanism.Pag defective un diapragm,d stable and ENgine RPM usually pag automatic on & off and aircond.

pag na check mo na at same condition parin,go kana sa advice ni Ianrex carb cleaning and carb nozzle check.

hope this can help you....

7. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    ooooops. forgot....

Check mo rin pala un accelerator cable mo baka puro kalawang na loob.stuck up ciguro.palitan mo narin ....mura lang naman yan hehehehe....

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    agree ako kay jeegoogs, same problem-same solution.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    saan ba magandang magpagawa nito?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    I suggest ciguro na pa check mo un unit mo sa at least 5 automotive shops then lastly sa mitsu motors.Check up lang wag mong pagawa agad.Finally,puede kana mag conclude kung ano talaga problema.("5 heads is better than one").marami din kasi mekaniko na trial & error lang and you pay for nothing. tama ba mga bosing? :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
idling problem