New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    My beef with Honda is that when I asked the service advisor specifically if they took out the IACV and cleaned it, they said they did and that the error code still persisted so I need to replace the IACV. But when your crew took it out and showed me all that carbon build-up (more like soot) in the IACV as well as the problem with the throttle body, the service advisor obviously was not being totally honest with me, to say the least. And yeah, thinking about it, they were kind of hazy about the particular MIL code too.
    Score another one against the casa. Sasabihing may ginawa pero wala pala, tapos icha-charge ka. Why am I not surprised?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    up ko lang. baka kasi mali ang pagkakalagay ng hoses sa IACV ko eh.

what would be the effect if the two hoses (on the IACV) were put in differently?
    i mean, there are 2 hoses that's connected to it, right?
    what if baligtad ang pagkaka-kabit? yung dapat na nasa kanan napunta sa kaliwa,
    yung dapat na nasa kaliwa naikabit sa kanan?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by simplicity View Post
    up ko lang. baka kasi mali ang pagkakalagay ng hoses sa IACV ko eh.

what would be the effect if the two hoses (on the IACV) were put in differently?
    i mean, there are 2 hoses that's connected to it, right?
    what if baligtad ang pagkaka-kabit? yung dapat na nasa kanan napunta sa kaliwa,
    yung dapat na nasa kaliwa naikabit sa kanan?
    Bro maganda siguro if post mo picture dito ng engine mo para madali nilang makita at maintindihan para macheck nila lalo na sa meron kamukha ng engine mo.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    we can't celebrate too soon... xonx texted me that the mil light showed up again even after cleaning.

xonx, hopefully the mil will be there parin tomorrow so i can accurately get the code. last time kasi it wasn't lit kaya when i plugged the car in it didn't register any codes...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    *SPEEDYFIX - sir how much does it costs to clean the throttlebody/iacv? and how much is your change oil/tune up labor if I decided to bring my own oil/filter/sparkplugs? thanks in advance!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    you can contact the shop for the pricing. or text me. so that we do not act improperly sa board.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Idle Air Control Valve