New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Digital odometers can be easily tampered and used car sellers will do it and they can get away with it without the unsuspecting buyer knowing. Heck some people even advertised such "services" on the some classfied ads before.

What's the lesson to be learned, always take low mileages with a grain of salt and do some research before buying. At the end, it still boils down to how well the vehicle was maintained and someone who did not bother to change oil in over three years just because the car wasnt used may not be too much of a stickler for maintenance. If that is the case then chances are it was parked for very long periods of time and just like a house that is unused, it will deteriorate pretty much more then a car being used properly on a day-to-day basis.

Baka may mumu na rin sa car kung matagal di nagamit. :p

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    in my old lancer it used to take me 16 to 18 months to rack up 5000 kms. so i always use fully synthetic oil. but of course i was home every other month to drive it, kahit bahay-vip room lang so if the reason is that the owner went abroad (maybe migrated to the US or Canada), and the odo is only less than 5000 km, then i can believe it. open the a/c filter (one thing those used car dealers always never replace), if it looks like something that has less than 5000 km on it then they're probably telling the truth. another thing you can check is the brake disks, grx has all disk brakes. pag mukhang bago pa then it is, pag madami na scrathes then it's not.

i'd check the tyres thoroughly, baka kasi 3 years din sya naka-park lang so oblong na yan or may cracks na. kung may makita kang cracks pwede ka humingi ng mas malaking discount since need mo na bumili ng new tyres.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Hyundai grx crdi Starex no change oil for 3 years