New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    you mix 1 part nalcool to 32 parts water (i think you quoted the specific gravity of the nalcool CONCENTRATE not nalcool+water solution). that's mostly just water so it'll perform mostly like water which is better than water+glycol but you don't raise the boiling point. i'm not sure if that's OK w/ hyundai's diesel engine...

more importantly it seems like an old school formula that uses nitrites, borates, silicates. cars these days use organic acid corrosion inhibitors on a water/glycol base. e.g. honda uses 10-year coolant. ford coolant good for 150,000km. toyota pink coolant 5yrs i think. not sure about hyundai.

you shouldn't switch to old-school coolant if your car uses organic acid tech
    I've heard once about this organic acid stuff and they say it is far way better than the traditional​ coolant. Are all new cars using this kind of stuff? How will I know if I have that kind of coolant?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    I've heard once about this organic acid stuff and they say it is far way better than the traditional​ coolant. Are all new cars using this kind of stuff? How will I know if I have that kind of coolant?

yeah i think all new cars use organic acid tech OAT coolants. i remember back in the 90's the replacement interval for my toyota red coolant was like 2 years? that's because old school coolants have chemicals in them that get depleted over time so you had to replenish them very often

3. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Thanks for the response guys. Coolant it is.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Just called Hyundai and according to them, they have 50/50 pre-mixed coolants, but they don't have any info whether if it's IAT, OAT, or HOAT.

And I don't have any idea which type is in my car which came from the factory.

Also as indicated in the manual, I may use 35/65 ratio for our weather.

Any tips guys? Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12