New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Help! I can't figure out where the whistling sound is coming from. A month ago the noise was already unbearable so I had my ride checked and the findings was a defect in the bearings of the alternator and a/c compressor. Had these bearings replace including the belts. The noise was gone and the purring of the engine was noticeably smooth. However, after a month, there seems to be a whistling sound (like a subtle hiss of a whistling kettle). I observed that the sound occurs only during the morning, then after the engine runs for a few minutes, the whistling sound disappears. The whistling sound is not present during start up in the parking lot when leaving the office at 6 pm.

My ride is a 1999 model feroza.

Appreciate your inputs on this.

Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dnomyar View Post
    Help! I can't figure out where the whistling sound is coming from. A month ago the noise was already unbearable so I had my ride checked and the findings was a defect in the bearings of the alternator and a/c compressor. Had these bearings replace including the belts. The noise was gone and the purring of the engine was noticeably smooth. However, after a month, there seems to be a whistling sound (like a subtle hiss of a whistling kettle). I observed that the sound occurs only during the morning, then after the engine runs for a few minutes, the whistling sound disappears. The whistling sound is not present during start up in the parking lot when leaving the office at 6 pm.

My ride is a 1999 model feroza.

Appreciate your inputs on this.

Thanks in advance.
    check mo mga hose na naka dikit sa TB mo mga hose ng hangin baka may crack or butas

humming or whistling sound...during cold start