New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    hmm...this flushing oil stuff's pretty hard to find...di ko makita sa DIY shops...are they labeled flushing oil, or basta hanap na lang ako ng 10W-20 oils?

2. FrankDrebin Guest
    Originally posted by badkuk
    hmm...this flushing oil stuff's pretty hard to find...di ko makita sa DIY shops...are they labeled flushing oil, or basta hanap na lang ako ng 10W-20 oils?
    Caltex meron.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by badkuk
    forgive my doe-eyed innocence...y do they sell engine flush in the first place then? Automotive euthanasia?

B).
    they sell it for those who do not ask questions in tsikot.com. madami mga tao dyan na basta nasa automotive section ng hardware e bibilhin, di muna basahin ang label o magtanong man lang. as they say, there's one born every minute. and that's what they (the manufacturers of these products) are counting on, one of those fools buying their products. read mo disclaimer, "manufacturer takes no responsibility for misuse of this product, etc, etc, etc, etc".

i'm sure, because you asked it here first before buying, that you're not one of those fools who will fall for anything. wise ka kaya ka nagtanong. and you're 1 bit wiser now knowing what the guys here told you.

but of course, we might be all wrong. same 6 advise out of 6 different people not to use flushing oil may not necessarily be correct. all 6 of us may all be wrong hehehe!

but i guarantee mine. i wrecked 2 engines already with that flushing oil (not to mention ptfe and all those additives "guaranteed to minimize friction"). i do not use those anymore, and so far 1 have 3 engines runnging great without them.

4. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    we have a 20yr old car. it's never ever been flushed. up to now, it still purrs like a cat, fast starting, smooth idling pa din.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    hmmm...ang sa akin lang kc, parang ang bilis umitim ng langis...i had it tuned up around april/may this year, and the oil's already dirty...isip ko lang is baka ung accumulated sludge ung cause nun

6. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    april pa? that's more than 6mos na. how many kms since your last oil change? from my experience, as long as you change your oil 6mos o 6-7T kms, you should have no problem, even without flushing your engine. this is for mineral based oil ha. i don't use synthetic. it's too expensive for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
how to use engine flush