New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Hi All!

i'm planning a DIY oil change...the engine flush can has instructions, pero any other tips you can share? Since the damn thing is acidic, i'm not very trusting of the directions on the can B).

Ang sabi kasi, run engine at idle until normal temp, add the flush, run the engine at idle for 5 minutes, then drain. What sort of container should i use to store the oil/flush? Is it safe to use your hands to remove the oil drain plug? Baka naman after that e count to 7 na lang ang kaya ko B).

Paano pala magdispose nun after you're done? Would adding milk/alkali help neutralize the acid?

How many km in between ba kailangan i tune up ng car na 13-14 y/o(one that hasn't been taken cared of well until recently)? Aroun 90km na po sa odometer

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How to use an oil flush?
    Well, simply...Don't use it at all...

Its not recommended to put those
    kinds of things in your engine.
    Just drain the old oil, replace the filter
    and fill 'er up with new oil. That's it.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    hmmm...but how do you get rid of the gunk buildup in the engine then? hayaan na lang?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you want to use an oil flush then use an oil for it. remove old oil and use a cheaper oil, run it for about a day and change it to a better or your prefered oil, gunk wont build-up if you change your oil reguralrly

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    ic...napabayaan kc ng ilang taon ung car, so malamang meron na nga...thx for the tip -- i'd rather deal with oil than acid any day B).

btw, i read somewhere na synthetic oils aren't suited for older cars...tama ba? how would you know which cars can use synthetics then? sa owner's manual?

6. FrankDrebin Guest
    How about Caltex's Flushing Oil?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you suspect that the oil pan has already accumulated so much deposits, then why not remove the oil pan and clean it manually.

as for engine flush, tama sabi nila. put that in your engine and you can say goodbye to it. it's mostly kerosene loaded with a lot of detergents. would you mix kerosene with your engine oil? i don't think so di ba. so if you really need to flush, correct na naman sila! use oil!

don't use any of those oil additives either (ptfe, slick, etc.). gastos lang yan and it will just kill your engine in the long run.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    forgive my doe-eyed innocence...y do they sell engine flush in the first place then? Automotive euthanasia?

Thanks all for the replies...hopefully i'll be doing it this weekend B).

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Flushing oils are usually 10W-20 oils lang na panglinis. Too thin to use for driving. If you believe na madami ng sludge na nagaccumulate sa oil pan mo then it would be better to let sleeping dogs lie if you do not want to manually clean the pan. Magbabara lang yun engine mo kung mabubulabog lang back into circulation yun dumi. check out www.chris-longhurst.com/carbibles It will answer most of your questions. hope this helps.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tulad ng sabi ni scanner, use flushing OIL. Caltex pa lang yata meron nyan dito sa atin.

do not use the ones in cans na amoy kerosene kapag binuksan mo...ito usually yung mga hinahalo sa luma mong oil then you'll let the engine run idle for a few minutes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
how to use engine flush