New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Hi guys! Thanks for the replies and for the help.

I have checked the manual and followed the instruction. The manual says that to check the oil level you need to run the engine up to operating temperature then shut if off and wait for 5 minutes before checking the dip-stick level. Now after checking, the oil level is barely below the "Full" mark so I think that level could be acceptable (although I really wanted it to be a little bit further below the full mark).

I would also like to let you know that the excess amount of oil that was removed is like around 500ml (half of the motor oil bottle).

Lastly, I would like to share with you the thought of a friend of mine regarding the practice of some service centers, according to him and based from his experience, sometimes the service center puts in more oil on-purpose just for you to pay more. They are not following what is in the manual.

Also, I would like to ask what is your interpretation about this item on the invoice I got from the service center:

Attachment 29545

The description says: "4-L HGMO FULLY SYNTHETIC MOTOR OIL" and the Quantity says: "6". Does this mean they used 6 liters of oil?

According to the manual, the engine has 5.3 liters of oil capacity so if my interpretation of the invoice is correct then they have poured in an excess of almost 700 ml of oil.

I am just bothered about the fact that for 2-weeks of running the engine with an excess of let's say 700 ml, will there ever be any damage that could manifest in the long run?

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    TS, Accent crdi unit mo noh?

Usually, 6L talaga nilalagay nila sa invoice, then hindi naman nila nilalagay lahat yang excess na 700 ml sa unit mo. Halos lahat ng casa, tinatago o kinukuha nila yung excess oil kung hindi mo ito kukunin.

3. Join Date
    May 2014

Usually, 6L talaga nilalagay nila sa invoice, then hindi naman nila nilalagay lahat yang excess na 700 ml sa unit mo. Halos lahat ng casa, tinatago o kinukuha nila yung excess oil kung hindi mo ito kukunin.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Ironically,- it could result to oil starvation in the engine....

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

27.9K _/_/_/_/_/:matrix:_/_/_/_/_/

5. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewnathaniel View Post

*andrewnathaniel, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the casa guys did not kept the excess oil nor gave it to me. On the first instance that I came back to have the oil level checked they admitted that the engine was indeed overfilled with oil. The time that they gave me the excess oil was when they drained it out of the engine.

I am now hoping that there was no damage done to the engine since I used the car for 2 weeks.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Hi guys, after confirming that the engine was overfilled by around an estimated 700 ml. Is it safe to say that overfilling by 700 ml or say 1 liter will not make any serious problems in the long run?

I've been reading a lot lately regarding oil overfilling and yes it is definitely not good but most of the things I've read say that at that level of overfilling (700 ml) I shouldn't be worried too much.

But two question remains, for Hyundai CRDI engines, how far from the "Full" mark on the dip-stick is too much that can definitely cause serious damage, is it 1 inch, 2 inch away from the "Full" mark? And lastly, from all the things I've read the "oil aeration" is one of the biggest concern for overfilling due to the crankshaft splashing the oil. But how far is the distance of the crankshaft from the correctly filled oil sump?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123