New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    My A32 Cefiro is only doing 5km/l city. Ang alam ko malakas ito kumpera sa iba. Yung sa brother in law ko ay nakaka 6-7km/l city driving. I already did the following: change oil and filter, replace air filter, replace ATF, new radiator and coolant, pero ganoon pa rin sobrang lakas. Good boy driving style din. I try to get the AT to shift between 2000 to 2500 rpm. Ano ba ang dapat gawin para makatipid sa gas?

I did not change spark plugs kasi manual says to change at 100,000kms, confirmed by a phone call to Nissan QAve. Nasa 90,000 kms na ako. May nagsabi na clean the MAF, will this help? Ano pa ba ang pwedeng gawin?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    use the momentum of your car when accelerating and avoid deceleration as much as possible. I have observed that most filipino drivers have a heavy foot lalo na pag acceleration ang usapan.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    AFAIK your AT can shift under 2K (my Altima shifts at around 1800rpm if you don't step on it too much), so that's one.

With ATs, try to let the car roll first without stepping on the gas pedal from standstill.

Also, look beyond the car in front, if you can see the stoplight or the traffic is slowing to a halt, just let the car roll. Dami kasi tao nagaaccelerate padin porke malayo pa yung stoplight, pero kitang kita kayeyellow or still traffic sa harap.

Reduce idling as much as possible.

Check tire pressure... laking bagay.

Take as much weight off the car (mga burloloy na di kailangan)

Babaan ang aircon thermostat para di laging nakaengage ang compressor.

Use slightly thinner oil.

Change the plugs, the 100K guideline hardly works in our stop-and-go traffic.

MAF cleaning will help, especially on Nissans and Fords.

Umiwas sa daan na matrafic, malubak etc...

a fully synthetic motor oil and ATF will help somewhat based on experience. Am currently using mobil1 for both ATF and motor oil.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    Take as much weight off the car (mga burloloy na di kailangan)
    This especially applies to:

1. Useless external accessories/ body modifications.
    2. Unnecessary baggage inside the vehicle.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman
    Useless external accessories/ body modifications.
    Which if elaborated would be:

1. Body kits
    2. Spoiler
    3. Carrier with luggage
    4. Chins
    5. Non-OEM or larger rims
    etc.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    totoo ba na pag full tank mas maganda yung pressure ng petrol kaya mas matipid sa gas o myth lang to?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Stock yung kotse. No mods, body kits, subs, trash yung kotse. Wala din unnecessary baggage.

AFAIK your AT can shift under 2K (my Altima shifts at around 1800rpm if you don't step on it too much), so that's one.
    Will try this. Tapos basta downhill pa rolling ko na lang.

What kind of plugs do I use? Platimun, Iridium, ordinary and what brand for my car? Also, where can I get the MAF cleaned, can any shop do it?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    5 km/l. city driving for Cefiro? I think yan na ata ang talagang consumption nya.

Kung mostly city driving ka lang, you should change your car to 1300 or 1600.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    agree.5km/l for an AT cefiro sounds just about right... MAF cleaning did a lot for my exalta, you should try it.just use the search button, there's a thread here somewhere

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
how to improve fuel consumption