New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    highway driving for a 1.3L car is not a problem especially if you stick to the speedlimits. when i'm on the highway, whether i use a 1.6L car or my own 1.3L LEC, i always stay on the slow lane and keep it within 80kph.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    me drives a 1-liter car almost daily sa SLEX and i don't have any problems at all. usual load is my wife and/or 2 pre-teen kids. of course, i don't expect too much from a one-liter car. ramdam ko lang na hirap nung may sakay akong 1 pamilya (5 sila) na talaga namang mga superhebigats.

btw: mods di po ba naliligaw itong thread?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I drove on NLEX last Sunday using a 1.3 Jazz CVT and was cruising between 120 and 140. The engine was running at nearly 4000rpm. I was fully loaded (5 adults). Di naman sya hirap if you play around with the 7 speed mode. Mas mabilis mag-accelerate kapag yun ang ginamit mo eh.

I guess its a respectable speed already.

Hey zman, Nice car. I bet you that car did 150kph on the skyway. hehehe

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    masyado naman inaapi ang 1.3 dito.. huhuhu.. tsaka bakit nasa goon squad ito.. para naman sinabi na goons ang mga naka 1.3L ... bakit naman ang tsikot ko hindi nagpapaiwan kahit sa mga SUV na yan.. depende lang naman siguro sa driver yan e and sa kondisyon ng tsikot.. and 160 is pretty easy.. sa 180 pa baka mahirapan na..

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    nyaaaaks! sa Goon Squad ko pala nalagay..mali click ko, dapat Car Talk kaso d ko nakita...sorry mods!

npatanong ako ksi whenever i drive my dad's company car (1.8 Revo) hirap na at ang taas na ng rpm kapag 100 km/h na...nka-tune up naman...e 1.8 na yun so icp ko bka pag 1.3 e kapos na kapos na...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by alex manalo
    mine is a vios 1.3e, no problem in reaching speeds of 150kph
    yes, it will reach 150kph but how long will it take to reach that speed?

I drove a city 1.3 cvt and its pretty good getting to 100kph but from 100 to 120kph, its taking forever.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    2 kotse pa lang kasi nadrive ko e, a 1.8 revo and un ngayon is 1.3 na vios. comparing the 2 cars (i'm not sure if this makes any sense), vios reaches 150kph a lot easier and a lot faster than our revo.
    I'll try to check later sa macapagal kung gaano katagal bago ko mareach un 120 and if meron chance un 150kph, then i'll post tomorrow. sana lang di umulan :-)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A 1.3 sedan is still faster than most pick-ups, vans, and SUV's available in the market for the last 5 years or so.

A Corolla 1.3 produces around 70 bhp. That is also exactly how much horsepower a Kia Besta 2.2 and a Mazda B2200 pickup has. A Kia Pregio has about 80 bhp. A Toyota Hi-Ace Grandia makes 88 bhp. But you also have to take into consideration how heavy these vehicles are. And no amount of gearing can compensate for highway use.

A 1.3 sedan is adequate enough so long as you are aware of its limits.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    e revo naman pala yung 1.8, mabigat kaha saka taas ng coefficient of drag. iba naman ang 1.3 sedan, low weight, lower cd. frontal area pa lang ng revo double na ng sa sedan, so you have to move twice as much air. some people will say that drag at such "low" speeds does not matter much and that power to weight ratio is all that counts, pero it does matter. 2x frontal area is already 2x the drag force the engine needs to work against.

saka why is it that people tend to think that everyone is a race driver here? as in my previous post, di ka naman bibili ng 1.3L na car kung racing ang nasa isip mo. so what kung it takes forever for that 1.3L to reach highway speeds. the fact is it does, so bakit nyo naman inaapi? cruising speed naman ang question, di naman quarter mile time.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    mine is also vios 1.3, no problem in reaching 100. 130-140 kaya pa din though medyo a bit a shaky na nga yung car. Di ko pa na try yung car beyond 140.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
How does 1.3L engines fare in highways?