New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    displacement doesn't tell the whole story, if the tranny's gear ratio is suited for cruising, it'll do fine, if the car is light, it'll do fine.

heck, even 1.0 cars will do fine sa highway

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    mine is a vios 1.3e, no problem in reaching speeds of 150kph

when i'm very eager to overtake, i just do some pedal to metal stuff and there goes the vvti working very sweet

my gas consumption i think is also very decent, 14km/l on a mixed city and highway driving.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    on low displacement cars, just be extra careful in overtaking

4. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    my first brand new car was a lancer itlog 1.3 el, yung steel rims and pawis steering. i always took it to Batangas for scuba diving, 2 passengers and 2 sets of dive gear, and not once did i feel that i was lacking in power because i knew what king of car i was driving.

as long as you know what your vehicle is capable of and you adjust your driving attitude and style accordingly, it will be fine.

andy

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    theveed is right.....my previous 1.3 City can hit 160-170kph..

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    98 lancer ko, di basta basta paiiwan. 1.3 makina, matipid sa gas, laging A1 condition. Kotse ko yata yon.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by aann

hirap ba mga ito sa highway?
    Based on experience, coming from a 1.3 Lancer EL to my present 1.6 GLxi

di naman, pero kung marami kang sakay at o-overtake ka at naka A/C pa eh feel mo na medyo bitin compared sa 1.6L sedan.

Maaksaya na ba sa gas pag binilisan / nag-cruise na?

TIA
    One thing I noticed, the difference in fuel mileage between my previous 1.3 to my present 1.6 is not that big.

hello,

Hirap na ba sa 100-120 km/h ang 1.3L??
    nope, my previous 1.3 I can reach 150kph very easily with 3 passengers and with the A/C on

these are all based on my previous car (1.3) and my present car (1.6)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO...

accelerating from 100-160kph isn't a small feat for a 1.3L engine.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    2 things, the engine torque and the driver.

i've had a 1.3L mazda 323 before, ok sa overtake and di kinakapos sa akyatan. sumasabay din sa mga 1.6 liter cars kung cruising din lang paguusapan. kahit hindi ko isagad ang gas pedal di pa ko binitin sa overtake or going up baguio.

I also borrowed my friend's 1.3 lancel el to go to pangasinan once (nasa shop kasi yung 323, did not want to use the FX din at gastos sa gas). fully loaded kami with 5 passengers. ok din naman kaso had to floor the gas when overtaking. but i still beat a 1.6 civic with only 3 passengers (must be bopol lang yung driver ng civic, overtake kami sabay nauna pa siya sa akin pero he had to pull back nung may kasalubong.)

now i have a 1.6 lancer mx. i think the 1.3 mazda 323 even has better uphill performance than the mx. it can't be the auto tranny since i can see the tach slowly going down when going uphill. with the manual tranny 323 this did not happen. lakas pa din talaga hatak ng mazda 323 kahit 1.3 liter lang sya. with the mx i even had to shift down to 1st gear especially pag high altitudes na going to baguio.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well if your aim is to cruise at 160 kph, then syempre cross out the 1.3 liter cars from your list and better look for a 2.0 or bigger engine. if you want just to go from point a to point b and not feel like a pagong doing it, a 1.3 liter car is more than adequate. heck, i was happy when i had my 1 liter kia pride! i never dreamt of doing drag racing with it but it suited my needs just the same.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
How does 1.3L engines fare in highways?