New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by so_obVIOS
    C'mon, a well maintained 1.3 engine won't leave you like a cripple on the highway.
    Read my post on the 1st page. I've already said that before. A 1.3L can cruise decently on the highway. Problem is that once you decelerate, it is hard to get up to speed again.

Well nobody ever said a 1.3 would win over a 1.6 on any race...but for everyday driving, it's not so bad.
    Well, based on the posts... they claim that pushing above 100kph is a very easy / sisiw for 1.3L engines.

on the other hand..I haven't experienced driving a 'matic 1.3. Maybe that's where you'd really have a problem cause you can't select the gears
    The Honda City CVT will differ to that. A really fun car to drive.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    yeah tama ka dun, sarap nga idrive ung city/jazz CVT! pra kang naglalaro lang sa arcade :D

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    buti pa ang mga 1.3L ninyo... sisiw lang ang 160kph.
    medyo bnabatak ko kasi tong 1.3 corolla ko. seriously, mdalas akong above 100kph, dito kasi mas dlikado mag-drive ng mbagal at dudunggulin ka sa likuran ng mga sira-ulong arabo.

'sisiw' kako 160kph kasi di pa ko naka-floor nun. actually i easily get to 140kph, going to 160kph klangan pa mag-pickup konti... just like you guys said, NOT at all to be compared sa mas malalaking engines -- magkakatalo sa response time.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Last time I sped up on skyway, ang dali kong inovertake yung 1.3L Honda City CVT using a car with a 1.8L engine. Side by side at first at 80kph then at the same time we went full throttle. I was already doing 160kph while the city was doing 130kph when we decided to decelerate. I wasn't even going redline to achieve max power (3500rpms then shift). How much more if I downshifted to 3rd gear then squeeze every bit of hp from the engine.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    Read my post on the 1st page. I've already said that before. A 1.3L can cruise decently on the highway. Problem is that once you decelerate, it is hard to get up to speed again.

Well, based on the posts... they claim that pushing above 100kph is a very easy / sisiw for 1.3L engines.

The Honda City CVT will differ to that. A really fun car to drive.
    So it's probably the reason why Honda dared to have an A/T on the 1.3 city/jazz, because of the CVT. Sounds logical enough.

Pushing to 100kph is not that difficult really. Just don't play catch with someone on straight acceleration 'cause syempre wala kang laban.

Regarding the momentum part, yes that's true. That's why I said you have to be pay more attention to gear selection especially in two lane highways.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by pixelparadigm
    Last time I sped up on skyway, ang dali kong inovertake yung 1.3L Honda City CVT using a car with a 1.8L engine. Side by side at first at 80kph then at the same time we went full throttle. I was already doing 160kph while the city was doing 130kph when we decided to decelerate. I wasn't even going redline to achieve max power (3500rpms then shift). How much more if I downshifted to 3rd gear then squeeze every bit of hp from the engine.
    There's 500cc of difference. If the city did match your acceleration then you should be worried about your engine.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    1,3 engine good only for city driving, one time punta me bataan dala ko 92 GTI Galant pa gas me 800 sarap dalhin sibat talaga no problem sa overtaking, may tira pa sa 800 ko at nagamit ko pa ng ilang araw.

Then nag punta uli me bataan dala ko Sentra 1.3 karga me 800 pusang inis halos maubos, balikan lng, so mas matakaw sa gas ang small engine sa hatawan, kahit todo pa tapak mo wa pa rin power, lalo na sa overtaking ibibitin ka pa at sa akyatan.

Next time try ko naman Pajero Shogun na V6

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
How does 1.3L engines fare in highways?