New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I feel awkward creating that question...pano ba tamang tanong? whta makes an engine blowby?..here's what i wanted to ask: pano mo ba maboblowby yung engine mo?...like revving to the red line up to how long? forward or backward? and what are the chances you'll restore the same performance after repairing a blowby engine?

need comments...thanks..if there's a similar thread kindly merge...thanks bros!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    wag kang mag change oil ng matagal na panahon ... siguradong mag blowby yan.

i have a friend who owns an SiR that conked out in the middle of the highway. bigla na lang namatay yung makina and may naririnig daw syang knocking ng engine sa first gear before the engine died. An he also said before this happened that he had to rev up his engine to get out of a hole or something in reverse mode. He cannot recall the details pero parang ganyan ang nangyari before the engine died.

He brought it to a rapide shop and boom!..P58, 000.00 repair of a blowby engine. I mean how true is an engine will blowby by what had just happened>?

still curious...appreciate any enlightenment.

ogie

i have a friend who owns an SiR that conked out in the middle of the highway. bigla na lang namatay yung makina and may naririnig daw syang knocking ng engine sa first gear before the engine died. An he also said before this happened that he had to rev up his engine to get out of a hole or something in reverse mode. He cannot recall the details pero parang ganyan ang nangyari before the engine died.

He brought it to a rapide shop and boom!..P58, 000.00 repair of a blowby engine. I mean how true is an engine will blowby by what had just happened>?

still curious...appreciate any enlightenment.

city

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nakupow... mag nyong dalhin sa rapide pag ganyan... for sure hindi lang P58K ang babayaran ng friend mo paglabas nyan.

omg

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    nakupow... mag nyong dalhin sa rapide pag ganyan... for sure hindi lang P58K ang babayaran ng friend mo paglabas nyan.

Oo nga rapide magestimate yung mga yun sa sobrang rapide makikita mo hindi 58,000 kundi over 100,000 na..

but performance wise, mabalik pa kaya?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    pag overhaul siguro balik performance naman yan. let's just wait for more comments from the gurus here.

maraming merong horror experience dito sa rapide. search mo yung thread para ma sabihan mo yung friend mo.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Performance-wise, it depends on how much of the engine is changed. If it's just a change of a few parts, other parts may have become compromised and limit performance or reliability down the road.

If it's a total rebuild by an experienced mechanic (best to look at performance shops instead of Rapide), then the motor will come out like new.

I've driven quite a few B16s, and you can rev those things to kingdom come without blowing them... might be the angle the car was sitting in the hole he was trying to back out of that caused oil starvation in one of the pistons. And revving hard to back out of something isn't really advisable anyway.

Or it could be he damaged the oil sump getting into or out of that hole, for some reason. It's more likely that than anything else he did that caused the engine failure.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
How do you blowby an engine>?