New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Guys, how do you properly check your engine's oil? I checked it kanina before I left house and konti na lang sya. When I arrived here sa work, after 4 hours na nakapatay, I checked it again and it was at normal level. Which one should I be making as a reference? Thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    overnight ba naka park yun car when you first checked it?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Yes, sir. Bale, off ko sya ng 11:30 last night, then before going out at 2:30 kanina afternoon, I checked on it.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    check your dipstick at cold engine or before you start the engine, where the oils have rested on its oil pan.

before i turn on the engine in the morning...i check..pag sa mga inlaws ko naman(inclined ang parking)i make adjustments..basta never check when the engine is running,while hot and after cranking..

6. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy
    before i turn on the engine in the morning...i check..pag sa mga inlaws ko naman(inclined ang parking)i make adjustments..basta never check when the engine is running,while hot and after cranking..
    yup! natatawa na lang ako sa mga gas boys (at syempre dun na din sa mga drivers) when they check the oil while filling up, with the engine running pa! tapos sasabihin ng gas boy, sir mababa ung oil level o! si sir naman, bili agad ng oil.. hehehe

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    so dapat reference is while engine is still cold?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    yes, bago start yung engine sa umaga check for the oil first.

slip-slick, hahahaha.... oo nga napansin ko un sa mga gasoline station.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sa Isuzu casa (Manila) they check the dipstick after turning off the engine so when the engine is off it exceeds the max limit. This is the way to check daw when I talked to the Isuzu Engineer assigned sa casa. This is the same way they do also in Isuzu Pasig.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Some Australian sites I've read before also check the oil after the engine is shut off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
How to check Engine oil Properly?