New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    namimiss ko na corolla ko with a 4-K engine...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    thanks to all of you guys... its been days to open this thread. its a busy holiday...fixing it but we cant.

another thing I would like to add about this is my idle is gone. there is no way to make the idle lower. if i adjust the idle screw, from high idle to lower, the engine stop suddenly. is there a thing that I accidentally disconnected with connection to the idle? i just changed the jets to lessen the fuel consumption, suddenly it goes like this. so i put back the jets where it has a good idle but it did not work now.

i wonder there is a some kind of a thing with a wire in the carb, what is that?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by exoskeleton View Post
    thanks to all of you guys... its been days to open this thread. its a busy holiday...fixing it but we cant.

another thing I would like to add about this is my idle is gone. there is no way to make the idle lower. if i adjust the idle screw, from high idle to lower, the engine stop suddenly. is there a thing that I accidentally disconnected with connection to the idle? i just changed the jets to lessen the fuel consumption, suddenly it goes like this. so i put back the jets where it has a good idle but it did not work now.

i wonder there is a some kind of a thing with a wire in the carb, what is that?
    it's because your ignition timing is "frozen". the engine idles better at more retarded ignition timing, and runs better with more advanced timing at higher rpm. this change in ignition timing requirements, is what the advancer does.
    "thing with a wire.." the only thing in there that resembles a wire, would be a spring..
    and there is also a small round ball about 2 mm wide.. if you are not careful, it is very easy to have these spring and ball drop out and get lost when the carb is dis-assembled, without your noticing it. when that happens, your carb won't function..

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    i gave up.. i brought my owner type jeep to the shop near us... so frustrating... it took only for about 10-15 minutes to fixed it... hayz... the wire thing that is attached to the carb is so called the solenoid.. the mechanic just wired it up and connect it to a positive line and BOOM... it had a very nice idle... and he had also checked the ignition timing using that ignition timing gun or whatsoever... then it started perfectly and ran smoothly... whew... then i tested it ... it now ran 12km/liter... im very happy with the result.... hoping i can have one that ignition timing gun ... an almost a month of adjusting the carb setting... it took only for about 10-15 minutes to a well-experienced mechanic.. that so called solenoid really embarrassed me... but now I learned...

i just wonder what degrees did the mechanic set up my idle by using the ignition timing gun... I watched videos on youtube about ignition timing and it was set to 12 degrees on idle .. and 35 degrees on 4000rpm. well that was a volks wagen i guess... how about 4k engine do you know what is the default degrees on ignition timing on idle and 4000rpm?

thank you guys...

now im gonna overhaul my drum brakes at the rear tires...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12