1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    PS = "PferdeStarke" the german word for horse power

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Supierreman
    PS = "PferdeStarke" the german word for horse power
    salamat clark kent! exactly the answer i'm looking for

pero tignan nyo website ng BMW ... Hp ang ginagamit ... sino kaya ang nagpa-uso ng PS na yan? pampagulo eh ... akala ko meron nang international agreement na mag-shift na sa SI units pero wala rin, kanya-kanyang diskarte pa rin

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    HP ang gamit ng BMW US website, pero BMW German website uses kWand or (PS).

as outlined here: http://www.bmw.com/generic/de/de/pro..._pricelist.pdf

BMW Z4 Roadster 2.5i
    Nennleistung: kW 141 / 192 (PS)

Good article about HP,BHP,PS etc.
    http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horsepower

The horsepower (hp) is the name of several non-metric units of power. In scientific discourse the horsepower is rarely used due to the various definitions and the existence of an SI unit for power, the watt (W). However, the idea of horsepower persists as a handy term in many languages, particularly in the automotive industry for listing the maximum power of internal-combustion engines.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    good info, karding! malinaw na ngayon na 1PS = 0.98632Hp

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kinyo,
    yep naalala ko yun noon sa isang episode ng Auto extreme hehe. I read somewhere na madaya yang PS eh... some manufacturers use it para magmukhang mataas yung rating hehe

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Marami kasing measurement standards ng HP. Meron Deutsche Industrie Norm (DIN) (Literal Translation: German Industry Standard). This is used mostly in Europe. Meron din Society of American Engineers (SAE) used in America. Tapos dito sa atin yung Japanese Standard (forgot the exact name). kW i think is mostly for Australia and New Zealand.

DIN Standards daw are the most conservative while the Jap standard yung least conservative. The article that I read (forgot where I read it) mentioned that 100 SAE Hp is equivalent to about 96-98 DIN PS and around 107 Japanese Horsepower.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Horse Power question