New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Hi guys,

Im a newbie here but been browsing this site since I got (well somewhat) a 2001 Toyota Revo 1.8 4 mos ago and this is our first car (as a new driver well)

Been reading/scanning countless car forums specially here in tsikot about engine oil coz I would like to have the oil changed, below are the questions that I havent found the answers for as yet after hours of web searching:

- What is the manufacturer's recommended oil (grade, etc, or type: synthetic or mineral) for 2001 Toyota Revo 1.8 gas? since ive read that it is safe to stick with the manufacturer's say

- Best brand

TIA and more power guys

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Hirap ata tanong ko, hehe, fellow revo owners.. any recommendations na lang at least? thanks

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by arkin0608 View Post
    Hirap ata tanong ko, hehe, fellow revo owners.. any recommendations na lang at least? thanks
    the best thing you can do first is to check the recommended eng oil viscosity in your owner' manual. It does not matter what type of oil you use as long as you change oil on a regular interval. if you can afford it then get a fully synthetic oil, if not, mineral will do as long as you change it regularly

cheers!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by LN106G View Post
    the best thing you can do first is to check the recommended eng oil viscosity in your owner' manual. It does not matter what type of oil you use as long as you change oil on a regular interval. if you can afford it then get a fully synthetic oil, if not, mineral will do as long as you change it regularly

cheers!
    Thanks for the reply, but thats my point of this thread.... i dont have the car's manual thus im asking whats the recommended per manual.. my apologies for not mentioning that i dont have the manual on my first post.

Please help guys. Thanks

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    hi po! ask ko lng po kung saan mkakabili ng door sill b un? ung linalagay sa apakan (likod) para d mgasgasan pinta...i am riding a 2001 revo sr....pkisama ra rin po ung contact number ng store if possible kc mlayo po ako...my mobile number is 09282022591...tnx and good day!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by arkin0608 View Post
    Hi guys,

Im a newbie here but been browsing this site since I got (well somewhat) a 2001 Toyota Revo 1.8 4 mos ago and this is our first car (as a new driver well)

Been reading/scanning countless car forums specially here in tsikot about engine oil coz I would like to have the oil changed, below are the questions that I havent found the answers for as yet after hours of web searching:

- What is the manufacturer's recommended oil (grade, etc, or type: synthetic or mineral) for 2001 Toyota Revo 1.8 gas? since ive read that it is safe to stick with the manufacturer's say

- Best brand

TIA and more power guys
    revo glx 2001 1.8 ang sa amin, ang gamit ko yung toyota fully syn oil 5w-40 every 5,000km palit na ako para siguradong malinis at maganda parati ang takbo.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sraven-x View Post
    hi po! ask ko lng po kung saan mkakabili ng door sill b un? ung linalagay sa apakan (likod) para d mgasgasan pinta...i am riding a 2001 revo sr....pkisama ra rin po ung contact number ng store if possible kc mlayo po ako...my mobile number is 09282022591...tnx and good day!
    ano ba ang bumper mo bakal or plastic, kasi naghanap na ako ng ganyan sa banawe puro para sa plastic bumper lang meron wala na silang para sa bakal.

Help! Recommended engine oil for 2001 Toyota Revo 1.8 GAS