New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    tama sila lahat.
    nangyari narin sa oto ko dati yan.
    nagmukhang evap milk un tubig ko sa rad pati un langis ko sa engine.
    un cause, nagkaleak un cylinder head (kinalawang ung gilid ng holes).
    top overhaul w/ refacing ng cylinder head ang ginawa. so far ok pa naman xa ngayon.
    nakaabot pa sa ilocos. binenta na kasi.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    problem with surplus engines is you never really know the condition. if you have a competent shop do the overhaul then that should fix the problems once and for all.

plus, you have to factor in lto costs pa sa replacing the engine.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Thanks Guys, Buy the way, my car nga pala is a 93 Civic ESI, original engine pa ito, can you guys give me a ball part figure on how much normally will it be to fix this engine problem thru overhoul and how much will it cost me naman to change to d15b engine? Another thing, d15b ba for ESI does not require any other replacements such as transmission, computer box, etc.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    sakit sa ulo sir kpag paratin nlang overheat yan.. madami madadamy na parts.. not the engine only.. kaya I suggest General check up mo na.. Gud luck!

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    d15b 20 camlobes derecho swak jan, probably no more alterations...verify na lang kung pede ecu mo, pero afaik d15b uses obd1 kaya i guess kahit wala na bagong ecu. plus factors are: agressive vtec action, more hp, better gas mileage in terms of perf (you get more power for the same amount of fuel). get an engine with a/t na, suggestion ko lang, para masarap i-daily drive.

buy from large scale importers...nankai, kanzai...relatively friendly owners, ask them to pick out the freshest and they'll be happy to oblige.

25-30T siguro yan, including oils, sparksplugs, new filters ect...not sure kung bayad extra kung ung importer ang mag-install, pero kung free or minimal lang charge sila na pag install mo, ipa-fine tune mo n lang later, dali lang yun.

pa-overhaul mo yan (kelangan ba talaga? pa check mo, get 3 opinions) and you stand to spend probably the same amount, OR maybe upper 20T, +- 5T or so. you will buy new piston rings, liners, gaskets, oil, filters, plugs ect.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    you need the engine with box, distributor, etc. vtec yung engine ng d15 and the esi box isn't so sayang naman yung vtec mo if you can't activate it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
HELP!Water-Oil Mixture in the Engine