New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Sirs,

I'm planning to have my oil change soon. At the same time, I'm planning to replace other parts listed. I would like also to ask if there's any that you can suggest for me to replace or maintenance works to include para isahan na lang trabaho.
    May I ask assistance about pricing? My ride is Toyota XL.
    Pls fill-up lang po:

Spark Plug Replacement = How much? Recommended brand?
    Oil Filter = How much? Recommended brand?
    Fuel Filter = How much? Recommended brand?
    Air Filter = How much? Recommended brand?
    Clean Carburator = Labor cost? is there anything needed?
    Total Labor Cost for the maintenance done = Casa? Talyer?

Thank you very much Sir:chopper:

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rocel View Post
    Sirs,

I'm planning to have my oil change soon. At the same time, I'm planning to replace other parts listed. I would like also to ask if there's any that you can suggest for me to replace or maintenance works to include para isahan na lang trabaho.
    May I ask assistance about pricing? My ride is Toyota XL.
    Pls fill-up lang po:

Spark Plug Replacement = How much? Recommended brand?
    Oil Filter = How much? Recommended brand?
    Fuel Filter = How much? Recommended brand?
    Air Filter = How much? Recommended brand?
    Clean Carburator = Labor cost? is there anything needed?
    Total Labor Cost for the maintenance done = Casa? Talyer?

Thank you very much Sir:chopper:
    you can buy the parts u need from partstar or gant in taft or toyorama in banawe.

spark plug costs about 80 a pc. u can also get a set of denso from ace. w16 or w20 ang plugs nyan.

oil filter and fuel filter, i suggest toyota oem. oil filter costs 280 and orig fuel filter about 350.

cleaning of carb, just buy a spray can of carb cleaner. this costs about 180 pesos. this usually works just fine.

for labor go to any gasoline station that has a service bay. this woul cost about 300 pesos

btw, dont forget to get a good quality oil. personally, id go for toyota mineral oil. cost 160 per liter.

hope this helps.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    btw, original air filter costs about 400. You can get the replacemwnt filter. costs less than 200.

tune up tawag sa gagawin mp sir

4. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    btw, original air filter costs about 400. You can get the replacement filter. costs less than 200.

tune up tawag sa gagawin mp sir

Thank you very much Sir for your help.
    To wrap it up:

320 = spark plug, 4 pcs
    280 = OEM, oil filter
    350 = fuel filter
    180 = carb spray
    400 = air filter
    640 = Toyota mineral oil, 4L
    300 = labor cost
    2470= TOTAL

tama po ba Sir?

Sir tanung ko lang po regarding sa carb spray cleaner, panu po ba application nun? is it available in most auto shops?
    also when you say TUNE-UP, is this only the things necessary to do?or there's still some additional work to be done? I'm sorry Sir, because this is just my first time to do this in my car simultaneously that's why I'm still in the learning process.
    Thank you for the help Sir

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    yep. around that much gastos. yung carb cleaner melts the gunk and varnish sa carb and cleans the jets as well. usually after magspray ng carb cleaner pumupugak ang car but eventually be back to normal after maburn na lahat ng naspray na carb cleaner. expect na iitim ang spark plugs mo so do this before replacing the spark plugs with new ones.

btw sa tune up, inaadjust din ang idling at carb. anong model pala ng corolla yan bro? Some kasi may contact point and condenser sa distributor. pinapalitan din ito kung worn out na. price is about 200 each. usually kasama yan sa tune up.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    yep. around that much gastos. yung carb cleaner melts the gunk and varnish sa carb and cleans the jets as well. usually after magspray ng carb cleaner pumupugak ang car but eventually be back to normal after maburn na lahat ng naspray na carb cleaner. expect na iitim ang spark plugs mo so do this before replacing the spark plugs with new ones.

btw sa tune up, inaadjust din ang idling at carb. anong model pala ng corolla yan bro? Some kasi may contact point and condenser sa distributor. pinapalitan din ito kung worn out na. price is about 200 each. usually kasama yan sa tune up.
    Thank you Sir,

Sir do you know the brand of the Carb cleaner that you used?Sir meron bang time frame to replace na my spark plug if you say na dapat wag munang palitan kapag nagpalinis ng carb?

Toyota XL 94 Sir.
    Do you have any idea kung ilang contact point meron sir yung kotse ko?200 each po ba Sir?

Thank you Sir!

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    any brand ng carb cleaner will do. just get from any auto supply. afaik, your car still has a contact point and condenser. isa lang contact point nyan. nasa loob ng distributor. isa lang din condenser. take note, hindi ito condenser ng aircon. hehe

8. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    any brand ng carb cleaner will do. just get from any auto supply. afaik, your car still has a contact point and condenser. isa lang contact point nyan. nasa loob ng distributor. isa lang din condenser. take note, hindi ito condenser ng aircon. hehe
    hehe! thank you Sir!
    Sir ung contact point and condenser, set na ba yun pag binili worth 200 or separately?
    Thank you!

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    seperate po yan sir...

HELP Pricing