New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    hello tsikoters,
    maybe you can help me with this problem.
    everytime gamitin ko yung car and i-park ko na pag labas ko ng kotse may amoy gasolina akong naamoy sa may bandang likuran sa may trank.
    ano kaya ang dahilan nito patulong naman po.
    tks.

rolly

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sargeant View Post
    hello tsikoters,
    everytime gamitin ko yung car and i-park ko na pag labas ko ng kotse may amoy gasolina akong naamoy sa may bandang likuran sa may trank.
    tks.

rolly

sargeant,

what is the make, model, year of manufacture of the car, mileage, fuel delivery type, last thing done in the trunk/fuel tank area? any accident or impact from the fuel tank area? i hate to speculate, but if your fuel delivery type is electronic fuel injection that the neoprene fuel hose might have age/weather cracks or rodents might have chewed on this hose. we can guess a lot but we can not zero in to the cause that easy

technical sergeant jick

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    hello tsikoters,
    tks.

rolly

Bro check mo yung mga hose ng fuel line mo start ka muna sa tank then move from there. Nangyari din sa akin yan yung hose pala ng fuel line may crack and dun natagas ang gas. Take all necessary caution kasi high flammable ang gasoline kahit fumes nito. Try mo din check yung takip ng tangke baka maluwag na yung rubber seal kaya nangangamoy.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Could be pressure build-up in the tank and the fumes coming out of the fuel cap. A pressure build-up could indicate a faulty evap can.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    pacheck mo nadin yung injector seals mo baka wornout na,

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Rolly.

I'm willing to bet that it's your gas tank cap that is loose - perhaps the rubber seal is worn-out na or defective.

Simple smell check lang sa bandang gas lid mo to confirm kung malakas ang amoy dun, yun na yun.

Good Luck!

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    is as simple as your fuel lines might be crack or loose because of a in effective hose clamp. check your fuel line from the fuel tank. or you might want to check your fuel tank for crack of holes due to rust or it might be hit by something sharp.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    hi,
    thanks to all who responded on this.
    i'll try to check everything as advised this week end.

rolly

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    Look around the tank area for it,theres a small possibility it may have a tiny pin hole in the gas tank causing this to happen,and that might be what your smelling,either that or a loose hose on it ,either way it needs to be checked out really good,if its raw un-burn gas its dangerous to drive it like that.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    hi,
    thanks to all who responded on this.
    i'll try to check everything as advised this week end.

rolly

sargeant,
    now you see how many guesses there are? what do you think is the probability of these guesses are wrong? you see everybody who responded gave you an idea. but your thread never mentioned the make, model, year of manufacture, mileage, repair history, possible accident history, etc. you could possibly save time and get straight to the cause of the problem. if you cure the symptoms, they recur but if you get to the cause, you prevent the symptoms from recurring
    jick

Help naman amoy gasolina