New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    help! it's been a week, i observed my 97 honda city has increased fuel consumption from 9-10km/liter city driving to 6-7km/liter without anytyhing done with the engine and the entire car. what could be the culprit???

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    your feet! =)

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Maybe one of the spark plugs got fouled. When is your next maintenance due?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lancer5790 View Post
    help! it's been a week, i observed my 97 honda city has increased fuel consumption from 9-10km/liter city driving to 6-7km/liter without anytyhing done with the engine and the entire car. what could be the culprit???
    Increase in traffic?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    maybe a clogged injector or dirty carburator

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Spark plug, air filter, change oil, tune up

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    SIRS actually i just got this car last april 24. i replaced in two days within my possession all the plugs, air filter, timing belt, crank/cam shaft, velocity joints, radiator, accelerator and cable. everything went fine until last week. the fuel consumption went up...also to mention, i cleaned the throttle body, IAC is fine. im suspecting it could be the fast idle screw that's the culprit coz i found it closed tight and when i put it back after cleaning, i closed it tight as well. idling and running perfectly normal though...what do you think? by the way, i change gear (ease up the pedal,it's A/T) before reaching 2000rpm...

help!!!my honda city fuel consumption suddenly increased!