New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    I have a starex crdi where I encountered all sorts of problem and the latest is I have engine oil coming from the egr valve. Recently had an engine overhaul replaced the turbo and also replaced the egr valve. Had 2 of my injectors rebuilt at central diesel which fixed the hard starting issue. I thought that oil coming from the turbo are just mist but when I park my starex I would see alot of oil on the floor where I parked. It just came from Hyundai QA for almost 2 weeks to fix the hard starting issue. Medyo magulo na yung history nung sira. And I also noticed na low power and thick black smoke when I step on the gas pedal. Di ko alam if my egr is functioning. Don't know how to check. If one of my sensors is the culprit. No CEL or DTC according to Hyundai QA not sure though if they really hooked it up. Any inputs would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by emerito View Post
    I have a starex crdi where I encountered all sorts of problem and the latest is I have engine oil coming from the egr valve. Recently had an engine overhaul replaced the turbo and also replaced the egr valve. Had 2 of my injectors rebuilt at central diesel which fixed the hard starting issue. I thought that oil coming from the turbo are just mist but when I park my starex I would see alot of oil on the floor where I parked. It just came from Hyundai QA for almost 2 weeks to fix the hard starting issue. Medyo magulo na yung history nung sira. And I also noticed na low power and thick black smoke when I step on the gas pedal. Di ko alam if my egr is functioning. Don't know how to check. If one of my sensors is the culprit. No CEL or DTC according to Hyundai QA not sure though if they really hooked it up. Any inputs would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Sir better sana kung may pics ka.

Pero sure ka ba na yung egr mo was replaced? Binigay ba sayo yung defective part?

As I can somehow deduce from your description, mukhang playado pa rin egr mo. It (excess smoke from fauly egr) also affects yung turbo kaya may oil leak IMO. Back job dapat yan sa casa IMO. HTH
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Yung mekaniko lang dito sa may amin yung nagpalit ng egr tsaka ako yung bumili sa banawe. Di ko alam kung paano macheck kung gumagana yung egr. I also noticed na mahina yung hatak parang walang back pressure from the exhaust kakalinis lang nung catalytic converter sa casa. Still clueless but I'm thinking baka walang hangin sa nakakabit sa egr kaya di gumagana.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by emerito View Post
    Yung mekaniko lang dito sa may amin yung nagpalit ng egr tsaka ako yung bumili sa banawe. Di ko alam kung paano macheck kung gumagana yung egr. I also noticed na mahina yung hatak parang walang back pressure from the exhaust kakalinis lang nung catalytic converter sa casa. Still clueless but I'm thinking baka walang hangin sa nakakabit sa egr kaya di gumagana.
    Try to bring your car sa ibang shop for 2nd opinion bro. Kay speedyfix highly recomended dito sa tsikot. Puwede din sa Goodyear servitek.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Normally pag gumagana pa Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve mo natunog po pag inalog mo...pag walang tunog nagstick na sya sa dumi..pwedeng linisan o palitan ..madali din lang syang palitan.

Help: leaking engine oil from egr