New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix View Post
    linis intake manifold, tb and sensors lang yan...
    kalilinis lang po ng trothle body eh! try ko din palinis ung manifold

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    pareho ata tayo ng problema bro. iyon nga lang wala akong voltmeter kaya di ko alam kung sumasabay ang bagsak ng kuryente. pinatingin ko sa mekaniko ko pero di ma-remedyohan. patay sindi tuloy ang compressor ko pag naka-on ang aircon. malinis naman daw ang intake manifold. di lang na-check yung throttle body at yung iacv. saan ba located iyong iacv? help!

btw ang kotse ay '96 civic vti

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tr1ck5h07 View Post
    sakit talaga to ng civic e. pacheck mo yung IACV. if ever kailangan magreplace, mga 5k+ yan sa banawe.
    mukhang ito nga. kailangan na linisin pati yung intake manifold and throttle body. gusto ko gawing diy pero baka komplikado kaya natatakot ako

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    if your mechanic cannot tell you where the iacv is then change your mechanic.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    *speedyfix, hahahaha!

*mamar, it looks like your IACV is stuck.
    quick test: pag malamig yung makina, mataas ba yung idle? tapos as the temp rises bumababa siya to normal 700-800rpm level? if so, the IACV is still working (kind of).

the symptom na when you press the gas and then release, hindi bumababa agad yung idle, seems like dirty IACV not responding quickly enough anymore. also try to check your coolant level because air in the coolant system can affect the IACV's operation (jumping idle).

kayang linisin ng DIY yung IACV, pero don't expect massive improvements. i think when the car gets old idling problems become prevalent, this seems to be common to all brands and makes.

but if i were you, i'd try cleaning the IACV first. in my case it was fouled with so much carbon kaya hindi na siya nag-re-respond quickly.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hehehe

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    hehehe

honga eh. makes me wish i live closer to your shop more and more

anyhow, i'm in the mood for an attempt in diy-ing this stuff. i understand pwede silicone spray tirada dito. any tips? spray lang ba sabay punas sa iacv at patuyo? ganun din sa intake manifold and throttle body?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    you need to remove the IACV from the throttle body, disassemble it (don't lose the teeny tiny cap and screw inside) then either wash it with gasoline, or douse it with carb cleaner.

took me a whole afternoon, and i dropped the teeny tiny brass cap _into the throttle body_ (got a big scare there.. good thing i was able to extract it with a tweezers, i don't want to think what would happen if it fell into the intake manifold and got ingested by the engine.. instant broken engine).

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    baludoy, actually regardless of where you are, you should know when you know more than your mechanic. when that is the case then take your car somewhere else.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ point taken bro

medyo excited na ako sa diy na 'to for the weekend

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
help!! idling problem!