New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I just noticed that the fuel gauge in my car seems to go down more quickly than before. The car seems to consume more fuel than usual. But the acceleration is light and normal. The engine smoothness is also ok, as well as the suspension and tires.

Is it possible to have lower fuel economy while your engine is running quite well? What other factors in my car can I look into to solve this problem?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kung well-tuned naman po ang car then your problem may be on the fuel gauge or floater sa loob ng fuel tank. A good running engine offers the best fuel economy possible.

3. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    eto rin napansin ko.. when im still using the Trekker Oil with additive yung 50 liters ko umabot ng 410 km.. yung nagswitch oil ako to Mobil Delvac 40 not the 15W40.. kasi nagkamali sa pagbili.. he.he. yung 50 liters ko nasa 370 km na lang... the same driving condition.. maybe with the additive effect nung nag trekker oil pa ako or both the additive effect and trekker oil.. who knows... ha.ha..ha kaya next oil change ill try the Mobil Delvac 15W40 tapos without additive pa rin. then compare... kung hindi pa rin nag improve.. maybe effect nga ng additive yun... sabi nila synthetic oil can help..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    some factors affecting fuel economy:

- driving habits
    - frequent route on heavy traffic areas
    - driving around with unnecessary weight in your car
    - under inflated tires
    - too long warm ups in the morning
    - spark plugs due for cleaning/replacement
    - irregular preventive maintenance schedule

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ah... eh... your right foot. Peace :D

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    squala,

baka ung fuel gauge mo na may problema jan.

marwen,

kapag heavier ang oil weight mo mas malakas sa konsumo.

7. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    squala,

subukan mo i-note ang consumption mo, something like this:
    fill up the tank at your usual gas station, hanggang mag-deactivate yung lever sa nozzle. note the odometer reading. then drive around as usual, but better if limited to either city or highway. combining the two will distort your study.

at your next gas up, say kahit 1/4 tank lang ginamit mo, fill up your tank at the same gas station you previously filled up in, up to the same level. note the odometer reading and using the amount of fuel you loaded up with this time, divide the distance traveled by the number of liters. that should give you a reasonable mileage number for your ride.

do this again maybe a month or two down the road, and compare. baka doon makita mo kung talagang nag-deteriorate yung mileage mo or hindi.

sa experience ko, given that the vehicle was properly maintained, ang pag-lakwacha ko ang nagpabilis ng konsumo ko. hahaha :lol:

Help on fuel efficiency