New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Hmmm... may I know the reason why you purchased this vehicle in the first place? It is quite unique in that there aren't as many on Phil roads as, say, a box-type Lancer. In fact, I haven't seen one up close.

The cost of a unique car (other than the cost to acquire it) is really expensive if you count maintenance - you need a mechanic who knows much about it, trying to source out parts - since there are a few, your average corner parts store may not have what you need all the time.

So I think keeping this car would be more expensive.

Have you considered selling it and getting say a Mitsubishi or Toyota?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    mahal naman nung tie rod end and rack end... pagawa ka kaya sa banawe? wala bang replacement na ganyan? naka dalawang palit na ako ng tie rod end and rack end dun sa mazda ko (626 yun, mahal din parts) pero di inabot ng 5k labor inclusive...

yung ibang parts naman mukhang ok lang yung pricing.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    *The Wildthing
    Acually first car ko kasi, ito and akala ko OK siya at its price. Yun pala daming hidden na problema. Kaya ko binili pang-gala ko lang sana sa family ko w/in metro manila lang. Eh kaso dami pala problema huli tala ang pagsisisi. Saka medyo na-atat ako magka-kotse. Kainis.

*Orly
    Oo nga sobra mahal nung parts. Sabi nga ni Autoexer sobra daw mahal nung parts nung sasakyan daig pa nga daw HONDA.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Bro:
    kung pagagawa mo lahat ung specified na jobs for your ride, lalong sasakit ang ulo mo. my advice, sell your car, and with the money that you will be using for the repairs, you can buy a more decent and a later model used car. gagamitin mo na lang.

my two cents worth.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Sell your car na lang, kaya mahal ang parts ng Gemini is mahirap nang makahanap parts niyan eh. Kasi sa sobrang luma baka pagkatapos mong ayusin iyon may ibang part namang masisira.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Guys, I really appreciate all your advice. Thanks you so much. For the mean time gamitin ko muna hanggat kulang pa ipon ko pambili ng kapalit. May be end of the year pwede ko na dispatsa ito.
    Last edited by catgreg2k2; April 14th, 2005 at 11:04 AM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup... ipon muna... so you won't have to regret in the end...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Help! Engine Swap?