New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by step22 View Post
    so you mean sir need i pull down na naman ang transmission to have it cleaned?
    When you replaced your clutch disk, did you also replaced the pressure plate as well? If not, it could be the culprit. Yes you have a new disk which has a smooth surface, but combined with a heavily worn pressure plate with loose pressure springs will lead to juddering. It has become my practice to completely replace all parts once the disk has been defective already.

On another thought, lets say your mechanic have accidentally applied grease or oil to the contact surfaces of the clutch, yes it could cause juddering, but it is not that evident as compared to a faulty pressure plate. Plus, it will fade through continuous use.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jvnj View Post
    When you replaced your clutch disk, did you also replaced the pressure plate as well? If not, it could be the culprit. Yes you have a new disk which has a smooth surface, but combined with a heavily worn pressure plate with loose pressure springs will lead to juddering. It has become my practice to completely replace all parts once the disk has been defective already.

On another thought, lets say your mechanic have accidentally applied grease or oil to the contact surfaces of the clutch, yes it could cause juddering, but it is not that evident as compared to a faulty pressure plate. Plus, it will fade through continuous use.
    i also replace the entire assembly.
    a practice i have learned thru the years.
    mahal kasi labor ng pagbaba ng trans...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Unlike humans, cars do not have an immune system and will never develop one. If your friction surfaces have oil contamination it will develop hot spots and will give you the mentioned symptoms. Google hot spots on brakes and flywheel.
    Last edited by jick.cejoco; July 29th, 2016 at 12:30 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    thanks sa reply nyo. pinalitan po lahat disc, pressure plate, release bearing at oil seal. so if ang cause ay yung contamination possible po ba na magbalik sa normal?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    up for my thread, after spending thousands of pesos, pulled down transmission again rephased my flywheel (as diagnosed by three different shops/mechanics they all said thats the cause). also replaced stab links, suspension bushings, cv boots. i thought problem is gone. but few days later making a long drive. here it is again dragging at first gear coming from a full stop. im getting tired of what the cause could be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12