New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    While going down a mall parking lot, the engine of my old backup car, a '94 Automatic Transmission Civic suddenly shut off and won't restart again. May naamoy kaming parang sunog na wire nung namatay ang engine. Nawalan din ng power steering and brakes.

Mukhang ok naman ang battery since malakas naman mag-crank ang starter. Di lang makatuloy. What I noticed is naka-light ang engine and oil indicator and other indicators whenever I try to start. At first akala ko natuyuan ng gasoline kasi di ko napansin na paubos na pala (stupid me) ang laman pero ayaw pa rin after we added a few liters. Pinatow na lang namin tuloy pauwi.

Medyo not well-maintained itong car na ito kasi bihira lang gamitin. Peroi hinihiram sa amin from time to time kaya iba iba ang nagdra-drive.

What's wrong kaya? Saan kaya ok pa repair?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    distributor yan malamang...pa check mo.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    As you turn the ignition switch to ON, wait a few seconds to observe the check engine light, before starting the car. Does the Check Engine light go off? If it goes off after a few seconds, do you hear the distinct "click" sound as the light goes off?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    my bet sir is ECU...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Autobeat: Nope, the engine indicator does not go off.

Jacknigel: That's what I suspect since amamoy dun sa loob ng car pero hopefully not.

Saan ba pwede ipadiagnose? Mahal sigurado sa Casa. How much ba ECU nowadays kung ito talaga sira?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kahit sa P or N ayaw na din po magstart?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Kahit sa P or N ayaw na din po magstart?
    Yup nasa P naman. nagcra-crank ang starter pero ayaw tumuloy.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Hope Not :

Short Circuit due to friction while driving and busted the ECU .

Hope So :

Distributor lang

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    If you have a check engine light on,Have it scan for error code.Don't jump into conclusion.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    where are you? it might be better to get the opinion of your suking talyer rather than comming to conclusions you're not sure are correct.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Help! AT Civic biglang namatay makina, ayaw na mag-start