New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You could get a divebombing idle if the IACV doesn't open when you release the gas or if the EGR doesn't close. Both items can get gummed up over time... the IACV, also, can just die. Katok. Kaput. R.I.P.... without warning. The electric motors inside these things can go south due to heat and traffic.

-

Very hard to say what gasolines have what. Most gasolines have a minimum of 10% ethanol now. From seat-of-the-pants testing (my car is very octane sensitive), it seems that the formulas and additives used to give some boutique gasolines 95+ RON aren't as good as others. It's a case-to-case and car-to-car basis... so you'll really have to test them all to find out which is best. Since ethanol is an octane booster, some may use more of it in the gasoline to meet the numbers required for marketing purposes... and since ethanol has less energy density than regular gasoline, performance may suffer.

The most objective evidence we have of this is the dyno-testing we did with V-Power and Blaze two years ago. Two different cars, both with aftermarket engine control and with ignition advance being tuned on the dyno. We were able to gain about 5 horsepower on V-Power over Blaze on both when advancing the timing to take advantage of V-Power, even though, at the time, V-Power was only "96" and Blaze was "97". I don't know if this holds true until now, since the addition of E10 has changed the formulas, but in testing and checking for "tope" on my rather highly-strung engine, I seem to get better performance on V-Power than on most high-RON gasolines.

Too bad it's so freaking expensive.

-

Oh... and if you want to run non-E10... tough luck. I'd rather not have it in my gas, either... but we're stuck with it. Best you can do is add a fuel stabilizer to the tank and run the engines often.
    Last edited by niky; November 20th, 2009 at 11:28 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    find a shop that has a scanner ,siguro sa casa ka na lang magpacheck.your car needs a driveability diagnostics

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Help bumababa yun rpm pagbigla apak sa gas