New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    I recently bought a 2007 nissan gx with a tartarini lpg kit. It has about 57k on the odometer. It has rough idling palyado at parating namamatay yung makina sa baba ng menor, Dinala sa tartarini and nag compression test sila and said low compression wala daw umabot sa 180. Brought it to speedyfix and sabi hindi daw loose compression more like electrical pero di ma pinpoint. So I decided to bring to nissan shaw blvd first they said na sa ignition now got a call from them saying na loose compression. Walang history na nagoverheat at hindi rin kumain ng langis ang problema talaga is the rough idling and namamatay yung sasakyan. Is it possible na ma loose compression agad yung sasakyan. Di ko alam kung saan dadalhin at kung ano gagawin hopefully somebody can help me. Thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by emerito View Post
    I recently bought a 2007 nissan gx with a tartarini lpg kit. It has about 57k on the odometer. It has rough idling palyado at parating namamatay yung makina sa baba ng menor, Dinala sa tartarini and nag compression test sila and said low compression wala daw umabot sa 180. Brought it to speedyfix and sabi hindi daw loose compression more like electrical pero di ma pinpoint. So I decided to bring to nissan shaw blvd first they said na sa ignition now got a call from them saying na loose compression. Walang history na nagoverheat at hindi rin kumain ng langis ang problema talaga is the rough idling and namamatay yung sasakyan. Is it possible na ma loose compression agad yung sasakyan. Di ko alam kung saan dadalhin at kung ano gagawin hopefully somebody can help me. Thanks in advance

sir, at 57k, the pistons are barely broken in considering you have clean air filter since the car hit the road. loose compression, if it had, might be from misadjusted valve clearance or burnt valves from too lean air/fuel mixtures, or too far advanced ignition timing or addition of octane booster. have your ignition spark output at the spark plug wire ends.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Had a chat with the nissan technician at shaw and he already checked all the electrical parts and components and said everything was working. Prior to this already had my injectors cleaned they even replaced the injectors to check if it was the problem and also had my fuel pump replaced. The technician advised that it was due to dirt that caused the loose compression. He said that the it was probably the compression ring and not the oil ring that was damaged that caused the rough idling thus no white smoke from burnt oil. I just can't believe that it happened at 57k. Or is it just my luck. Thanks for your inputs

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by emerito View Post
    Had a chat with the nissan technician at shaw and he already checked all the electrical parts and components and said everything was working. Prior to this already had my injectors cleaned they even replaced the injectors to check if it was the problem and also had my fuel pump replaced. The technician advised that it was due to dirt that caused the loose compression. He said that the it was probably the compression ring and not the oil ring that was damaged that caused the rough idling thus no white smoke from burnt oil. I just can't believe that it happened at 57k. Or is it just my luck. Thanks for your inputs
    Kung confirmed loose compression ang makina, medyo nakadissapoint nga dahil 57K pa lang ang odo (sigurado ba na hindi pinitik ang gauge), anyway makikita naman yan sa service record book ano ang last pms kilometrage.

Early failure ng piston rings ay maaring dahil sa:
    1. Hindi tama na "break-in" procedure noong bago pa ang sasakyan.
    2. Marumi/maalikabok na hangin ang hinihigop at nakakapasok sa combustion chamber dahil sa defective air filter.
    3. Maling grade ng lubricating oil nailagay sa makina.
    4. Bad combustion.
    5. Engine was abused by the previous owner.

Kung ako sa kalagayan mo, uunahin ko muna ang top overhaul job. Malaking possibilidad na intake/exhaust valve lang ang problema as per sir jick above.
    Last edited by weisshorn; January 8th, 2011 at 11:45 AM.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    yung lpg pa ba gamit mo? how about kung yung gas gamit mo ganon pa din ba performance.yung age ng car parang hindi kapanipaniwala na loose compression na. binasa na ba ng scanner ang engine mo, how about the fuel trims, yang tartarini lpg kit ang alam ko itinatanim nila fuel injectors sa pagbubutas sa intake baka may singaw or may vacuum leak ang intake manifold.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Bought it second hand less than 6 months ago from an OFW. Usually nakastock lang yung sasakyan. Not sure though sa break in. Recently I had the injectors cleaned at central diesel and was advised that there were stubborn dirt that they were successful in removing and replaced a very very dirty air filters. Not sure though if it was the cause.

Sir parehas palyado using gas and lpg nakatanim nga sir sa tapat ng bawat injectors. Pinascanner ko kahapon sa nissan shaw. They even tried replacing the injectors palyado pa din. Pinadukot ko na sa mekaniko yung pistons to check yung number 3 and number 4 cylinders that according sa casa yun ang may loose compression brought about by dirty air from air filter failure or stuck up daw. Indeed medyo nahirapan bunutin yung number 3 and 4 pistons. Baka matapos by tomorrow. Incidentally mas mura parts sa casa kesa sa banawe. I was quoted by nis parts in banawe 3.5k for the piston but got it at shaw for 2.8k and headgasket at nisparts was 1.8k replacement 2.5k original got it at nissan gallery ortigas for 1.6k. Hopefully by tomorrow ok na will update this thread. Thanks for all the responses.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    it's easier na nga madetermine ang cause pag binuksan na ang engine at least machecheck na lahat, though mas mahal pag kasama na ang pistons (hopefully not), loose compressions ng magkatabing cylinders ay most probably a bad head gasket, or sometimes a stuck egr kung dun ang location ng tube going to the intake. i wonder why casa dito sa atin ay walang cylinder leakdown tester ( a better diagnostic tool than the compression tester).

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by t2erns View Post
    yung lpg pa ba gamit mo? how about kung yung gas gamit mo ganon pa din ba performance.yung age ng car parang hindi kapanipaniwala na loose compression na. binasa na ba ng scanner ang engine mo, how about the fuel trims, yang tartarini lpg kit ang alam ko itinatanim nila fuel injectors sa pagbubutas sa intake baka may singaw or may vacuum leak ang intake manifold.
    agree ako dito since modern na ang ride mo , kailangan ng scanner para mag analyze sa driveability problems mo.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    + 1 cylinder head gasket or intake valve since gianmitan ng lpg , there is no lubrication kaya nag premature weat ang intake valve .

Ginagawa jan tatangalin cyinder head babaliktarin at lalagyan ng liquid.
    pag within 30 mins may naubusan ng liquid most probably un ang culprit.

Quote Originally Posted by t2erns View Post
    it's easier na nga madetermine ang cause pag binuksan na ang engine at least machecheck na lahat, though mas mahal pag kasama na ang pistons (hopefully not), loose compressions ng magkatabing cylinders ay most probably a bad head gasket, or sometimes a stuck egr kung dun ang location ng tube going to the intake. i wonder why casa dito sa atin ay walang cylinder leakdown tester ( a better diagnostic tool than the compression tester).

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Umulan this morning and afternoon di natapos yung mekaniko kasi wala kaming garahe. Nagpalit na kami ng piston ring and cylinder head gasket hopefully by tomorrow umandar na crossing my fingers.

One of the things that the mechanic noticed yung ibabaw ng piston maitim pero may mga areas in between yung first and second ring mula sa taas na meron din maiitim. Not sure if it was an accurate observation that could show failure of the compression ring.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
help 07 nissan GX loose compression