New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    opened the valve covers today to check and adjust the valve clearances and timing...

shocked nung nakita ko na sobrang dami ng sludge. parang binuhusan ng asphalto yung valvetrain. no wonder nag iingay sya.

admittedly, medyo nakakaligtaan ang oil change nitong kotse na to. plus, muntik na sya mag overheat last year.

unable to remove the sludge by hand. sabu nung mekaniko dapat daw tiktikin or ibaba yung cylinder head.

parang ayoko naman pagalaw ng ganun.

meron ba ako pwede ilagay na cleaning solution dito? something like auto-rx (wala mabilhan dito sa maynila)? someone from hondaclub suggested i use diesel oil, is that ok?

sayang di ko nakuhaan ng pics. nakaka kilabot parang may alien na nakabalot sa valvetrain hehehe.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    opened the valve covers today to check and adjust the valve clearances and timing...

shocked nung nakita ko na sobrang dami ng sludge. parang binuhusan ng asphalto yung valvetrain. no wonder nag iingay sya.

admittedly, medyo nakakaligtaan ang oil change nitong kotse na to. plus, muntik na sya mag overheat last year.

unable to remove the sludge by hand. sabu nung mekaniko dapat daw tiktikin or ibaba yung cylinder head.

meron ba ako pwede ilagay na cleaning solution dito? something like auto-rx (wala mabilhan dito sa maynila)? someone from hondaclub suggested i use diesel oil, is that ok?

sayang di ko nakuhaan ng pics. nakaka kilabot parang may alien na nakabalot sa valvetrain hehehe.

can you post pictures?

for auto-rx, you can get it at Frau's in San Juan.

FRAU Auto Services | Home

i think its already too late to use cleaning agent if its heavily sludged already.

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    don't worry if tatanggalin yung cylinder head. that's fine. As long as a good mechanic will do it and should return it with correct bolt torque ratings, and correct cam gear timing..

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post

if the engine still runs, change your engine oil to high detergency oil (HD), normally used for diesel engines. this will melt the sludge a little at a time unlike the 5 minute motor flush. or, if a detergent additive is available, opt to use that instead. one time i used STP engine oil stop leak, i discovered by accident that it cleans the inside of the engine too.

heavily sludged civic vti-s