New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    mga bossing is this a good idea. may nagoofer kasi sakin sa bulacan surplus shop sya. ung miata ko is a 1.8 engine ang offer nya sakin eh palitan ng 2.0 turbo ng lan-evo. good idea kaya to? if not ano ang downside nito?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    is the 1.8L engine the original Miata engine? ... swapping in an Evo engine will just destroy the value of the car.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    yes original 1.8L. oh yeah havent thought of that. thanks i was just thinkin of the HP. i guess its a bad idea. thanks.

pa close na ng thread sir.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If you do want to transplant, there's no bigger engine that's a direct swap... you can put in the Evo engine, but the transmissions that will mate the Evo engine to the rear differential aren't built to take that kind of power. (from older RWD Mitsus)

Your best bet, really, is to get an SR20DE or DET conversion, with a Silvia transmission. It still won't mate up properly to your instrument cluster, but it'll be powerful enough, and the transmission will be built to take that power.

There are some guys who have swapped in rotary engines, but for a tuning newb... no. Especially here in the Philippines, where finding mechanics knowledgeable in rotaries is a pain.

Anyway, if you decide to go through with it... give me a PM... I know a guy who'd like to buy the 1.8 off of you...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Heart transplant for miata mx-5