New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    has anyone tried this new product called ECOTEK? Its a little gadget that connects to a vaccum hose leading to the intake manifold and is "supposed" to increase acceleration and give better gas milage and cleaner emissions.

It all seems too good to be true. Is this the real deal????

i'm curious to try it if anyone can vouch for it.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    akala ko ECOTEC ng Opel...car manufacturers spend big bucks for research and development to come up with engines optimized for economy and power...

I haven't tried Ecotek but I hope this product won't give us empty promises....

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It might be the same device as AEROGAS. It will lean out the air/fuel mixture going to your cylinders. In the least, it'll will increase milage by some small percentage. The worst? Engine detonation will lead to serious piston damage.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well at least they are telling the truth na makakatipid ka sa gas hehehehe

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well, it also depends on your driving preference because a leaner air/fuel mixture going into your cylinder would also result in less power from the engine. To make up for the lost power, you'll probably press down more on the gas pedal.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    saakin eto lang... the ecotek thing costs 5K, if it'll save me 8% in gas a week, that will equate to mga P70/week or P280/month... Meaning, it'll take 17-18 months to recoup what I'll spend on that gadget... Not worth it, especially if gas prices fluctuates both up and down anyway...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you are handy with custom mods to your engine's intake, you can do a mod that will have similar effects. Simply add an intake AFTER the engine's intake sensor. Just make sure its a small intake only so you will not lean out the air/fuel mixture too much.

That would be cheaper than the asking price of P5000 for the device.

I think it's possible to use a crank-case vent filter for the job?

Have you tried ECOTEK?