New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Lin Dan View Post
    I was told by my friend last night that the "eco/economy" mode is just really the factory mode of any vehicle and using this feature on say, the speed booster device won't really give a significant effect on fuel economy...
    There is a setting wherein you can set it back to "neutral" or default factory mode. Since the car is seldom used, test may take some time but will keep on updating.
    Currently, fuel consumption had improved - through the display readout it used to be at 9KM/L, now it's at 9.2KM/L

Full tank method:
    June 23rd - 12,403KM total, 200.0KM since last fill. Filled up 25.28L, so - 200/25.28 = 7.91KM per liter
    July 12th - 12,613KM total, 210.6KM since last fill (June 23). Filled up 24.45L, so - 210.6/24.45 = 8.613KM per liter
    July 24th - 12,858KM total, 244.7KM since last fill (July 12). Filled up 23.40L, so - 244.7/23.40 = 10.45KM per liter

Although one might say that it is so obvious that the gadget does its job, there are other factors that may have attributed to the improvement on the gas mileage:

*Replaced air filter (OEM) July 13
    *Replaced oil and oil filter July 14
    *Engine oil from 5w-40 to 5w-30
    *Traffic has been lighter than usual the previous weeks. Most probably due to the number of typhoons that passed through the country.
    *Not much load on A/C since the weather was good. Just 1-2 clicks on the thermostat. (3 on hotter days).

As much as I want to convince myself that the improved response on the throttle is just placebo, however, even my wife noticed the difference. (She didn't know about the controller).

I kept the records on the above since I really want to see if the advertised benefits are true.

Still, I'm collecting more data since the vehicle usage is irregular including the route.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Which also takes you further away from the brake pedal ...
    However, the brake pedal is more elevated or forward than the accelerator plus I always do smooth braking and even I'm a bit further (just a couple of clicks anyway), I can still manage to floor the brakes when needed. (Got used to threshold braking)

2. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by midnytwarrior View Post
    There is a setting wherein you can set it back to "neutral" or default factory mode. Since the car is seldom used, test may take some time but will keep on updating.
    Currently, fuel consumption had improved - through the display readout it used to be at 9KM/L, now it's at 9.2KM/L

Full tank method:
    June 23rd - 12,403KM total, 200.0KM since last fill. Filled up 25.28L, so - 200/25.28 = 7.91KM per liter
    July 12th - 12,613KM total, 210.6KM since last fill (June 23). Filled up 24.45L, so - 210.6/24.45 = 8.613KM per liter
    July 24th - 12,858KM total, 244.7KM since last fill (July 12). Filled up 23.40L, so - 244.7/23.40 = 10.45KM per liter

Although one might say that it is so obvious that the gadget does its job, there are other factors that may have attributed to the improvement on the gas mileage:

*Replaced air filter (OEM) July 13
    *Replaced oil and oil filter July 14
    *Engine oil from 5w-40 to 5w-30
    *Traffic has been lighter than usual the previous weeks. Most probably due to the number of typhoons that passed through the country.
    *Not much load on A/C since the weather was good. Just 1-2 clicks on the thermostat. (3 on hotter days).

As much as I want to convince myself that the improved response on the throttle is just placebo, however, even my wife noticed the difference. (She didn't know about the controller).

I kept the records on the above since I really want to see if the advertised benefits are true.

Still, I'm collecting more data since the vehicle usage is irregular including the route.

Keep us posted good buddy

3. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Is this the same with Speedpower Fuel Economizer?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by OlieMarcelo View Post
    Is this the same with Speedpower Fuel Economizer?
    No sir. This is a throttle controller placed between the accelerator pedal and the throttle connection.

Apologies if my response took some time. As mentioned earlier, Vehicle is seldom used.

Previously:

Latest:

August 18th - 13,168KM total, 310.2KM since last fill. Filled up 24.91L. 310.2KM/24.91 = 12.45KM/L (I had a long highway drive back and forth)
    August 28th - 13,441Km total, 272.7KM done. Filled up 25.55L. 272.7KM/25.55L = 10.67KM/L
    September 15th - 13,654KM total, 212.8 done. Filled up 25.67L. 212.8KM/25.67 = 8.28Km/L (Lots of heavy acceleration, spirited driving, and traffic with S1(sport 1) setting and E6)

Although the device seems to help, but considering other factors such as driving habit, road/traffic condition, weather condition, and the vehicle condition itself totally affects fuel consumption.
    For the price? Overpriced and maybe an unneeded device. But helps in the psychological feeling that your vehicle gained extra power specially if you can adjust it on the fly.
    Last edited by midnytwarrior; September 24th, 2018 at 03:16 PM. Reason: controller to connection

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    It's been a month after I installed throttle controller to my 09 Innova Gas M/T. Brand is PedalTune from Zix Performance. 3 modes (eco, sports and race) each has 7 settings. Priced at P7,500. 5 minutes install lang.

All the settings are above the stock mode unlike others that has eco mode below the stock. So far nabawasan sobra yun lag. Kunting tapak lang meron ng "laman" yun accelerator pedal. Hindi nakakapagod sa paa lalo na sa trapik kasi kunti lang diin mo lage. Ok din siya sa mga inclined parking na kelagan mo ng power pero controlled. Kunting pitik lang may power na unlike sa stock minsan mamatayan ka or e-timpla mo maayos clutch kasi walang power after mo diinan silinyador. Fuel consumption is the same lang.

Pansin ko lang smooth yun acceleration niya pag bigla mo tinapakan yun acceleration pedal habang tumatakbo hindi katulad ng stock mode na parang nag jerk.

Since hindi naman talaga kalakasan ang power ng Innova Gas, naka race mode mid setting lang ako lage kasi siya yun ang deliver ng power at slight tap ng pedal so feeling mo magaan lang un sasakyan. Arangkada na isang pitik lang.

Cheap upgrade ito na sulit. Kung ayaw mo tanggalin mo lang at benta. Walng wire na masira.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...AhS4_-nmpNhv4b

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Louga View Post
    It's been a month after I installed throttle controller to my 09 Innova Gas M/T. Brand is PedalTune from Zix Performance. 3 modes (eco, sports and race) each has 7 settings. Priced at P7,500. 5 minutes install lang.

All the settings are above the stock mode unlike others that has eco mode below the stock. So far nabawasan sobra yun lag. Kunting tapak lang meron ng "laman" yun accelerator pedal. Hindi nakakapagod sa paa lalo na sa trapik kasi kunti lang diin mo lage. Ok din siya sa mga inclined parking na kelagan mo ng power pero controlled. Kunting pitik lang may power na unlike sa stock minsan mamatayan ka or e-timpla mo maayos clutch kasi walang power after mo diinan silinyador. Fuel consumption is the same lang.

Pansin ko lang smooth yun acceleration niya pag bigla mo tinapakan yun acceleration pedal habang tumatakbo hindi katulad ng stock mode na parang nag jerk.

Since hindi naman talaga kalakasan ang power ng Innova Gas, naka race mode mid setting lang ako lage kasi siya yun ang deliver ng power at slight tap ng pedal so feeling mo magaan lang un sasakyan. Arangkada na isang pitik lang.

Cheap upgrade ito na sulit. Kung ayaw mo tanggalin mo lang at benta. Walng wire na masira.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...AhS4_-nmpNhv4b
    how's your fuel consumption, po?
    ...km/liter...

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    how's your fuel consumption, po?
    ...km/liter...
    The same lang before and after ng kabit. siguro kasi magaan lang talaga paa ko sa gas kaya hindi affected consumption. same driving habit lang.

City driving 7km/l meduim to heavy traffic.
    Highway 10km/l full load

Na switched ko sa full settings at mas naging ok response nya. halos wala ng delay. kahit city driving in full setting ok naman. hindi naman kamahalan itong upgrade and you can transfer lang sa ibang sasakyan basta compatible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12