New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    do they have a standard replacement periods? like every 100,000kms., or every certain number of years in service?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ted View Post
    do they have a standard replacement periods? like every 100,000kms., or every certain number of years in service?
    Not really but once 1 is busted, its better to replace all at once.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    mine is already 140k kms. i have it checked and the electrician said its still in good working condition... replacement part lang gamit ko...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    the reason why I am asking is that my engine is, occasionally, experiencing hard starting.... not always but randomly.. sometimes on coldstarts . But I have observed that when I prolong my "IGNITION ON", most of the time it would start rightaway. I do have a factory service manual for this engine, I have read what resistance values should the glow plugs must have.... I just don't know how to use the tester for it (I am an idiot when it comes to electricals).

BTW, the engine is a jdm 1KZ-TE.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    That is the basic usually sir, you should prolong the ignition before cranking, not unlike the direct injection, just insert the key to the ignition and start

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ted View Post
    the reason why I am asking is that my engine is, occasionally, experiencing hard starting.... not always but randomly.. sometimes on coldstarts . But I have observed that when I prolong my "IGNITION ON", most of the time it would start rightaway. I do have a factory service manual for this engine, I have read what resistance values should the glow plugs must have.... I just don't know how to use the tester for it (I am an idiot when it comes to electricals).

BTW, the engine is a jdm 1KZ-TE.
    About 7 seconds is enough. Just bring it to an electrician and see what he does to test it. No need to remove the plug, just the coil that attaches to all of them and you need 2 set of wires for the testing.

Madali lang i-DIY yan once makita mo gagawin nila. Indirect injection nga an, Toyota forerunner ba yan or surf?
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    About 7 seconds is enough. Just bring it to an electrician and see what he does to test it. No need to remove the plug, just the coil that attaches to all of them and you need 2 set of wires for the testing.

Madali lang i-DIY yan once makita mo gagawin nila. Indirect injection nga an, Toyota forerunner ba yan or surf?
    It's a '97 hilux surf.

It is with me since 2000 or so....I am experiencing this about a year or 2.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    i have had a similar experience with our everest.. hard starting pag maga, ayaw mag one click... so pinalitan namin glow plugs lahat.. yung NGK pa, meh mas mura kasi eh pero hndi ako confident eh... haha.. ganun pa din hard start parin, in the end naisolate namin problem, nagloloko na pala relay ng engine cut-off nang alarm... yun so far ok na never nag hard start uli...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by miko101130 View Post
    i have had a similar experience with our everest.. hard starting pag maga, ayaw mag one click... so pinalitan namin glow plugs lahat.. yung NGK pa, meh mas mura kasi eh pero hndi ako confident eh... haha.. ganun pa din hard start parin, in the end naisolate namin problem, nagloloko na pala relay ng engine cut-off nang alarm... yun so far ok na never nag hard start uli...
    security alarm? factory or aftermarket?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    aftermarket bro... matagal na kasi alarm na naka install.. yun nagloloko na pala relay nung engine cut off kaya minsan ayaw mag start... eh diba pagnag on yung relay ng cutoff hindi mu pa pa start... muntik pa nga namin bilan nang glow plug control... yun nga pala electrical lang source.. hehe.. minsan its better to double check everything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
glow plugs in diesel engines