New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Hi Fellow Tsikoteers!

Long time lurker here.... need to post this na... I would just like to share and ask for insight regarding my engine troubles.

Just had my timing belt replaced after 82,000 KM. Thing was, after my trusty mechanic changed the timing belt, nagsimula nang magtope ang kia cd5. and the idling dances! tapos 3 nights ago, namamatayan bigla, at hard starting (parang barado ang fuel filter na symptoms - pero malinis filter naman)

Me and my bro suspected timing, pero the mechanic said hindi nya ginalaw ang timing. and he said baka iba. We tried then to DIY the ignition timing - because it seemed na yun nga.

adjusting the timing (wido wido) made the idling steady naman. and hatak improved (driving with the aircon on felt like hindi naka-on ang aircon). subalit sa umaga RPM is so low, 150-200 RPM.

my two questions:

- does it seem that the timing adjustment did the job?
    - is it normal for old cars (mine is a kia 1992 CD5) to have low idling in the morning? i.e. mukhang kailangan pa i-warm up

for your kind thoughts, masters!

thanks

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    backjob yan bro... medyo malabo ang nagpapalit ka ng timing belt pero di nagalaw ang timing. malamang tumalon isang ipin ng belt

Funky Idling