New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    draining the fuel tank once in a while would help too in reducing dirt and water build up in the systemsince some diesels are really dirty and contaminated with water.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmm.. boss doc!... sayang nde ko nalaman about this carbon clean when i visited the makati shop about a leak in one of my injectors....

my engine is a 1979 3.0L MB diesel engine.... when you say more detergent.. this means one treatment but stronger? o multiple treatment in phases?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by HBOY
    hmm.. boss doc!... sayang nde ko nalaman about this carbon clean when i visited the makati shop about a leak in one of my injectors....

my engine is a 1979 3.0L MB diesel engine.... when you say more detergent.. this means one treatment but stronger? o multiple treatment in phases?
    One treatment with literally more detergent to consume. You see, when we treat your engine for CarbonClean, the detergent is placed in a container within the machine which will be connected to your fuel input and output or return. More detergent would mean longer running period. For example:

8 oz. of detergent would be consumed in more or less an hour. The more detergent, the longer engine running period. Take note ha, that we need to run your engine while it consumes the solution.

You might wonder, 8 oz. lang? or Bakit ounce ang measurement? A bottle for diesel detergent which is 16oz. is already strong in a sense that it can knock you down.

Doc Diesel

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ahh...ganun ba? lakas pala nung detergent na yun.. tawag na lang ako sa shop nyo to inquire about the price.. tnx.... tagal pala 1 hour.hmm.. is that one hour under a load? o idle?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    while idling yun HBOY.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Doc Diesel,
    Where or how do you connect the carbon clean machine on the fuel system?
    What effect would your detergent have on the additives/detergents in the engine oil?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jackaroo
    Doc Diesel,
    Where or how do you connect the carbon clean machine on the fuel system?
    What effect would your detergent have on the additives/detergents in the engine oil?
    for Diesel: going in through the fuel filter or injection pump inlet then out to the return line from the injection pump.

for gasoline: going in through the carburetor / fuel pump then out to the return line of the carburetor or the aluminum manifold for fuel injected.

Doc Diesel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Fuel system cleaner - how Often?