New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    if you hear the noise from behind you that is normally the fuel pump.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix View Post
    if you hear the noise from behind you that is normally the fuel pump.
    sir follow up question po.
    wat if wala na noise na naririnig kapag i oon na yung engine?
    dati naman meron pero ngayon wala na

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    What we usually do to check fuel delivery problems is temporarily replace rubber fuel lines with transparent hoses so we can see if there is pumping activity or air cavitation. Before assuming its the pump or the ECU I suggest you do his simple test.

*burjegol> Carburator type fuel system uses mechanical and sometimes electric pumps to transfer fuel from tank to filters to carb. Vacuum alone will not be enough unless the tank is level with the carb.
    Last edited by 4JGtootsie; May 5th, 2008 at 08:59 PM.

4. Join Date
    May 2008
    Hi guys! Any idea how much is the fuel pump replacement for a 2000 Honda City Type Z? Saan kaya nakakabili nito na mura? Banawe or Evangelista? TIA!

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    electronic fuel pumps should be around 2-3k and a couple of hundred bucks for the labor depending on how hard it is to get to the pump.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    i own a honda city idsi 03, ayaw na magstart ng engine, pero ok naman yung battery, fuel pump problem daw sabi ng mekaniko sa kanto, pero dinala ko na sa casa to be safe....pero magkano kaya ang fue pump, and what causes its malfunctioning?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by gangley View Post
    i own a honda city idsi 03, ayaw na magstart ng engine, pero ok naman yung battery, fuel pump problem daw sabi ng mekaniko sa kanto, pero dinala ko na sa casa to be safe....pero magkano kaya ang fue pump, and what causes its malfunctioning?

if you don't hear the 3 seconds hum when you put the key on start (not ignition) then your pump is busted. But if you can still hear it have it checked using a pressure guage. Usually nasa above dapat 35PSI yung reading. pag mababa na pressure palit na.

ang cause ng premature wear/malfunction ng pump is when you dont regularly change your fuel filter and allow less than 1/4 of fuel sa gastank.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
fuel pump ba?