New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi Ghosthunter,

As you may recall, I was the one who bought your old Stillen FPR from Auto_Xer.

Have some questions for it:

How does it really work? I bought it to remedy the idling problem of my engine and it did the trick somehow.

What's the optimal setting for it? Am currently running it on 40 psi and everything seems good. Although most of my observations are seat of the pants feel, but revving and redlining is much more easier as compared before, the oomph begins at around 4000 rpm.

Will introducing an Ecotek device supplement the FPR? As I understand it, the device introduces more air and creates a "swirl" effect to effect more effective combustion. They have actual test sheets in there showing improvement in emmission, mileage and 0-60mph runs. MAX Power even gave it a go.

Thanks,

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by mazdamazda
    Hi Ghosthunter,

As you may recall, I was the one who bought your old Stillen FPR from Auto_Xer.

Have some questions for it:

How does it really work? I bought it to remedy the idling problem of my engine and it did the trick somehow.

What's the optimal setting for it? Am currently running it on 40 psi and everything seems good. Although most of my observations are seat of the pants feel, but revving and redlining is much more easier as compared before, the oomph begins at around 4000 rpm.

Will introducing an Ecotek device supplement the FPR? As I understand it, the device introduces more air and creates a "swirl" effect to effect more effective combustion. They have actual test sheets in there showing improvement in emmission, mileage and 0-60mph runs. MAX Power even gave it a go.

Thanks,
    Stillen FPR works by restricting the fuel return line when there is a vacuum in your intake manifold, hence raising the fuel pressure in your fuel injectors. So more pressure means more fuel gets thru for every injector cycle. This results in a richer air-fuel mixture whenever throttle is applied.

Optimal settings? Well, when I was using it, it was anywhere between 40 to 50 psi for my Sentra (but I also had an APEXi S-AFC installed for fine adjustments). Remember, the Stillen FPR was only meant to increase HP at your peak RPM range where fuel starvation would be occuring.

As for using the Ecotec device if it would let you gain some additional HP. My opinion is you will NOT gain any substantial HP with the ecotec device. Reason, the FPR is meant to make your air-fuel mixture to become richer while the Ecotec device is meant to make it leaner. It's like cancelling out the gains in either product.

Maybe at this point you might want to look into other areas for additional power like the Super e-Ram? Electric SuperCharger

Fuel Pressure Riser (attn Ghosthunter)