New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Guys, was wonderin' if any of you can help me out. I found out yesterday that the fuel neck of my 94 Lancer has a hole and upon closer scrutiny, I saw that the metal's rusted badly so I need to have it replaced. By the way, the fuel neck that I'm talking about is the snake-like tube that connects the fuel tank to the fuel "nozzle" i.e. where gas gets pumped in.

Maybe some of you know shops in Banawe that sell these things? TIA.

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    kaya mo kalasin. di ko alam kung yung nakita kong stock sa store e para dyan sa fuel neck or para sa engine. but i am sure its for a lancer.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon View Post
    Guys, was wonderin' if any of you can help me out. I found out yesterday that the fuel neck of my 94 Lancer has a hole and upon closer scrutiny, I saw that the metal's rusted badly so I need to have it replaced. By the way, the fuel neck that I'm talking about is the snake-like tube that connects the fuel tank to the fuel "nozzle" i.e. where gas gets pumped in.

nicolodeon,
    the corossion on the filler neck is an easy fix if you have a tube of a two part epoxy based repair kit. it is about 5/8 inch in diameter, about 4 inches long, you knead a portion that you need and stick it to the part where the leak is coming from. the material is unaffected by gasoline, jp 8 aviation fuel, diesel and other petroleum products. it is workable in 10 minutes and ready for service or cures as you install it back.
    jick
    ase certified master automobile technician
    ase certified master heavy duty truck technician

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    nicolodeon,
    the corossion on the filler neck is an easy fix if you have a tube of a two part epoxy based repair kit. it is about 5/8 inch in diameter, about 4 inches long, you knead a portion that you need and stick it to the part where the leak is coming from. the material is unaffected by gasoline, jp 8 aviation fuel, diesel and other petroleum products. it is workable in 10 minutes and ready for service or cures as you install it back.
    jick
    ase certified master automobile technician
    ase certified master heavy duty truck technician

oooops! i forgot, it is a permatex 'r' product called "gas tank repair kit"
    jick

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon View Post

If that's the gasoline filler metal pipe, you will be smelling the gasoline fumes inside your cabin as Lancer 94 rear compartment and the cabin area is only covered with rear seats.

You have 3 options:

1. you can just have it repaired at a welding shop. They will remove the pipe tubing out of the car and do acetylene job on affected portion.

2. or if you want the whole thing replaced, you can go to muffler assembler that has pipe bender to fabricate it for you.

3. you look for OEM replacement.

Fuel "neck"