New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ baka na stuck iyong gas tank fuel level float.

There's Only one way to be sure - just have it checked.

do what you gotta do so you can do what you wanna do
    Last edited by baludoy; January 16th, 2019 at 04:58 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Maybe you achieved a very high fuel economy during the trip. 60km will only cost you maybe about 3 liters or so of fuel (around 20km/L) driving a Mirage at continuous highway speeds.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by david09 View Post
    Mirage hatch back 2013 automatic. Nagpafull tank ako tapos nagbyahe ako almost 60km and nagtaka ako pagdating ko sa bahay hindi nabawasan yung bar ng gasulina? Sira ba ito? Kasi before ako magpakarga ng gasulina half then nagfull naman yung guage. And now hindi pa din bumababa yung gauge.
    i don't mirage, but
    if you filled it to the brim of the filler tube, or beyond your tank's capacity, it may take some driving, for the fuel tank float / sensor, to float down low enough so as to make a difference in your fuel gauge.
    you over-filled, po, and you will have to use up more fuel for the gauge to move.

start worrying, if you had already driven 200 km and the gauge hasn't moved, yet.
    heh heh.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i don't mirage, but
    if you filled it to the brim of the filler tube, or beyond your tank's capacity, it may take some driving, for the fuel tank float / sensor, to float down low enough so as to make a difference in your fuel gauge.
    you over-filled, po, and you will have to use up more fuel for the gauge to move.

start worrying, if you had already driven 200 km and the gauge hasn't moved, yet.
    heh heh.
    Pag sa Total naman ako nag fill ng 200-300 it would take 5km+/- bago gumalaw sa gauge..

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    when filling to overflow at the brim, that's, to my very rough estimate, about 2-3 liters of fuel over the fuel tank's maximum load, depending on each car model's length and diameter of filler tube.
    the engine has to consume those 2-3 liters, before that fuel level sensor can notice a difference.
    at 15-20 km/li, that's up to 60 km of travel, before the gauge can begin registering any change in fuel level.

also, there's the sensitivity of the fuel gauge to changes in fuel level.
    i like the old analog, needle fuel gauges. even small changes in fuel level may be seen.
    some of today's digital fuel gauges show bars only.
    in my wigo, a bar is about 2.5-3.0 liters or 25-30 km worth of travel. i have to travel 25-30 km, before a bar disappears.

in some cars, there is the "km range" read-out. i don't use it, as it only confuses me.
    heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 17th, 2019 at 12:47 AM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i have problem.
    i had my 2005 D4d innova's aircons cleaned, both rear and front.
    the dash instruments were necessarily pulled out, the electrical connections pulled off.
    my rear connections to the fuel gauge sending unit were also detached.
    when the mechanics put everything back together, my gas gauge needle didn't go up to the before-detaching level.
    in fact, the needle seemed to be registering much less than what i am used to. even when i filled up with fuel, the readings are significantly less than what i used to expect these last 13 years.
    everything else was fine.
    any ideas on how i can get my old needle readings back?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
fuel gauge fluctuation