New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Para saan ba yung Power ECT? Kelan ba dapat gamitin yun?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The 'POWER' setting just moves the shift points a few hundred RPM's higher. You can use it all the time if you want. No harm done.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Leaving it on just kills your fuel economy. I used to use it when going up long hills or if I had to pass someone on the highway.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup. But there's no harm in leaving it on. Especially for vehicles with low power ratings (need all the help you can get).

You can turn it to standard mode to be a bit more economical.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Ah I see, sabi kasi ng casa sakin ginagamit lang daw yung ECT kapag naka 100rpm pataas

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Agree with Otep. Add ko lang some details on how it works (based on observation lang po):

ECT ON:
    - shift points increase depending on how hard you're pushing the gas pedal. gradual press shifts a few hundred RPM over ECT OFF, Abrupt pedal press will result to much higher shift point * ~ 4500RPM, florring the pedal results to redline shifting. Downshifting also happens earlier. Decceleration is almost always accompanied by downshifting even without pressing the brakes.

It's OK to leave 'ON' but gas mileage will be poor.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    100rpm pataas
    Alam ko basta naka-on ang engine nasa at least 850rpm na iyan kasi yun ang idle speed.

Power mode also helps give quicker acceleration from a standing start.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    up ko lang............ medyo naintindihan ko gamit ng ECT pero di ba pag magaan naman ang apak sa accelerator tipid pa rin sa konsumo ng gas? ung sa akin kasi nakapatay palagi ung power ECT pero gusto ko sya subukan gamitin this weekend pag-uwi ng batangas kung malakas nga ba talaga lumaklak ng gas pag naka-on o hindi.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    our starex has an ECT, im just confused what;s the difference between "power" and "ect" coz if i press the button down it shows "power" on the dash, and if i press it up it shows "hold"

any ideas? thanks!

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I think when you press 'hold', the transmission does not shift to the 4th gear... Let me verify that with the Starex manual.

I accidentally turned 'hold' one night and it was an ackward experience driving the van.....

3808:fish:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
when to use Power ECT?