New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Castrol Magnatec is semi-synth. Castro RS yung synth, pero hindi pa true esther based oil like Motul and Mobil 1. If I am not mistaken Castrol RS and most other synth oils are still mineral (dino) based oil. Its just highly refined and a lot of additives are added to make it synth.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    dapat sundin mo iyun factory recommended oil (mineral) sa car mo since 1,000 kilometers pa lang siya... sayang lang...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    btw... there are cheaper synthetic oils out there...

for the rav4, am using motul 10w-40. P1600/gallon.

for the 323, am using castrol magnatec 10w-40. P1000/gallon.

if this is the cost of the fully synth oil, then go for it. use fully synthetic.
    but as per otep, i share his views. i really don't see the essence beyond the cost, which is why, kung budget is not a problem with you, then go for synthetic...if you are concerned somehow with the budget, go for mineral, but make sure it is changed regularly. hwag kang sosobra na sa 5k.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    simple lang yan. if you have the budget go for FS if not mineral base na lang.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yes pwede na synthetic BUT you must still follow the 5000km change oil interval (instead of the 10000km interval when using synthetic oils) because you car is still UNDER WARRANTY. if you do not follow the change oil interval and your engine has a defect the dealer may not honor the warranty. so for me that will just be an unnecessary expense since you will still need to change oil every 5000km. switch to synthetic when the warranty is over na lang para sulit yung ibabayad mo.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chuaed View Post
    dapat sundin mo iyun factory recommended oil (mineral) sa car mo since 1,000 kilometers pa lang siya... sayang lang...
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    yes pwede na synthetic BUT you must still follow the 5000km change oil interval (instead of the 10000km interval when using synthetic oils) because you car is still UNDER WARRANTY. if you do not follow the change oil interval and your engine has a defect the dealer may not honor the warranty. so for me that will just be an unnecessary expense since you will still need to change oil every 5000km. switch to synthetic when the warranty is over na lang para sulit yung ibabayad mo.
    no harm as long as you follow the minimum recommended maintenance schedule required in the cars manual.. well, except that your pocket will thin out faster when you use synthetic oil..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni View Post
    Synthetic or mineral - pareho lang iyan. Just remember that if you used mineral, it should be changed every 5,000 kms. For synthetic, every 10,000 kms but the oil filter must be replaced every 5,000 kms.

yeah both the same oil but synthetic can take more heat. the regular oil burns more than synthetic oil. thats why if you have synthetic your engine is cleaner. if you have a budget use fully synthetic if not you can use a castrol synthetic blend.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    But do keep in mind that regular commuter car engines don't go anywhere near the heat levels that would break down oil (even mineral based oils) unless you drive the vehicle in an overheated state.

Hoewever, it is still up to the consumer.
    Last edited by OTEP; October 29th, 2006 at 11:11 PM.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i don't know why many car owners want to use fully synthetic oils on their cars. synthetic oils will only benefit engines that are always revved to the redline, not a practical thing to do with the high cost of fuel nowadays.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    btw... there are cheaper synthetic oils out there...

for the rav4, am using motul 10w-40. P1600/gallon.

for the 323, am using castrol magnatec 10w-40. P1000/gallon.
    for the rav4, am using motul 10w-40. P1600/gallon. --> bossing, anu yun complete name nung otul Oil na ito and san kayo nakabili ng isang gallon? Usually by liter lang nakikita ko

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
First oil change 1000KM, mobil1 synthetic or not?